Tevez.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Alright then we are back in business tomorrow night,Monday. Tevvy had a nice break down south and has matured a bit ,he is working sharply but still has the worst action of any horse I have saddled. This track is very cuppy here at Mountaineer and all we do is pray for rain as they simply will not water between races. Hopefully he will get something out of it then I can take another run at Presque Isle or even the turf. Tevez is not the sharpest tool in the shed but I have had him since he was 7 months old and so if he is an idiot ,he is my idiot.He is 10/1 but should be half that price I feel. As long as he comes back ok from the race then that will suffice.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:08 am

Go Tevez!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:58 pm

OOps !! I just had the vet around for lasix at the recieving barn where I ship in to and all of a sudden he looks too well,like he is definitely going to need this race . He has 4 four decent works and loads of gallops but he is a good eater ; oh well maybe the lasix will suck him up a little. Hope he is quiet in the paddock as I can't saddle him with my messed up shoulder and have recruited a friend to tighten the girth. It's always something!

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Best of luck tonight, Wilf. I won't be at the races but I will cheer you and Tevez on from home. :)
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

rumple
Weanling

Postby rumple » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Dang, real nice race by Tevez. Nice run around the turn passing a bunch of horses but just couldnt get by winner. Good place and show prices for those that took a stab 10.40 and 6.80.

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Excellent race - you have to be proud of that effort by both horse and rider, even with some traffic problems they kept on running. NICE! :) :) :)
Jessi P

330 383 1281

[email protected]

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks Jessi,he was banged around like a rag doll from the break but settled into stride and ran well I thought ,might have won with another trainer but as you know Jessi in this class of race 2nd is ideal as you get a decent cheque and keep the lifetime condition for his next start. Oh well it's almost 11pm and he is inhaling his feed and I am done for. Goodnight all!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:37 am

Very nice run! Keeping the condition and getting $$ is, as you say, ideal.

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 am

Very good first out try Wilf...Go get em next out

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat May 08, 2010 4:56 am

Well we are off to Presque Isle today for a run on the Tapeta surface which he ran over quite well last fall. Hopefully the windy forecast will not cause the card to be cancelled,that has happened to me before with a live chance in a race. They actually call for snow showers late on ,man this weather is insane as it was 77 F here late last night.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat May 08, 2010 7:26 am

Go Tevez!! Good luck Wilf!!

The weather has been quite a roller coaster - but it's a good thing. I've not put my tomato and pepper plants out yet in the garden and instead of feeling like a late slacker, mine won't get nipped by the cold!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun May 09, 2010 5:47 am

Congratulations on the win!!!!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sun May 09, 2010 6:17 am

Congrats wilf!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 am

Thank you ,it was a treat and several of my creditors breathed a little easier. He is much more comfortable on the Tapeta than the Mountaineer Sahara sand . Even Michael Dickinson the mad genius trainer and developer of the Tapeta Surface was there to oversee the first weekend back of the new season. The miracle was that we actually raced at all as the conditions all afternoon were horrendous and I was prepared to load up and go home. Windgusts up to 45 mph and lashing rain are not rider-friendly but to the jock's credit they gave us a chance and by the third race the wind was abating and all ended well. Construction on the apron have diminuished the pleasure of the day for racegoers but come summer I guess things will be in place again. Fields are small and purses very respectable so I recommend to all trainers to at least take a shot and run up highway 90 to Erie ,exit 27 and you are right at the track. Regards Wilf.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri May 14, 2010 7:53 am

Yes I know that he is back in very soon however he has done well since the race and the Tapeta surface is so easy on a horse if they like it. The race was in the book and I could not skip it as it would mean more trips to the Mountaineer sand track to stay fit and he really dislikes it. Another angle is to strike while you are fit and well as maybe you have a little edge before the big shots start dropping to steal these nice purses. The cooler air of Lake Erie is also a bonus as summer approaches. On the downside I have looked at the program and it came up double-tough. NW 3 races are a big step up from NW2 and I think that the best he can do is 3rd looking at the PP's. Oh well , let's have a try and see how he goes and take it from there. I am not sure if I have ever had 3 winners in a row so that's another hurdle for poor Tevvy.