AJ Suited/JPR Stable

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 pm

What a great race from Zifzaf, such a close 3rd in the GRII Fourstardave. Congratulations!!!!

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Huge congrats on a great finish. Thought he would have had second but got pushed out a bit in the stretch. Hope you are at the Spa to see it!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks guys! We were indeed out there today and had a great time. He got pushed outside just a tad in the stretch and that might have been the nose or so he was beaten by, but we're happy nonetheless. I think he'll be a pretty solid horse with the right placement, so now our task is to find out where to go next. Hopefully we can find some spots that don't include Get Stormy or Get Serious (we were nominated for the Oceanport too and decided against shipping him).

He really should be set up for a big effort next time out I think, too.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:02 am

Our 2yo filly, Sunlight Sonata makes her first start on grass tomorrow and looks pretty solid in there. The biggest question will be the distance, as the mornings have already shown she likes the surface. Would love to win a race at the Spa!

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 am

How is Cherokee Speed doing? One more start before Saratoga meet is over, perhaps? I know someone who just claimed his Medaglia D'oro half-sister from Todd Pletcher, so you've Cherokee Speed's cheering section just got a little bigger!
Michael Slezak
Bargain Blueblood
[email protected]
917.455.0693 (cell)

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 am

Hey Bargainblueblood,

Cherokee is training at Belmont right now and should run sometime there in mid-September. The two races at Saratoga were enough to require a bit of a rest afterward. We're just looking for the right spot for him because for whatever reason he seems to make his own bad luck. I'm hoping we can get him a win at Belmont to remind him what it feels like!

Best of luck to those who made the claim...the mare seems to throw some nice-looking foals, and Cherokee is no exception. I'd imagine the MDO would be as well.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:08 am

Hey everyone, just couldn't resist posting this. One of my posts here on the forum apparently was noticed by the person who did an interview with me in advance of Zifzaf running in the Woodbine Mile. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it as I did.

http://woodbineentertainment.com/woodbi ... aspx?id=69

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Very interesting and informative article, Toner's resume is top class and he does not ship horses for Stakes without some strong possibilities. I look forward to the race as Woodbine has a turf course second to none. I wish you a clean trip!

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 am

justinnich wrote:Hey everyone, just couldn't resist posting this. One of my posts here on the forum apparently was noticed by the person who did an interview with me in advance of Zifzaf running in the Woodbine Mile. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it as I did.

http://woodbineentertainment.com/woodbi ... aspx?id=69

Very cool write-up!! Gotta watch what we write here!! And no, you're definitely not the only one who goes to the January Keeneland sale looking for 4 year old racing prospects.... I'm in the process of doing the same for my racing stable, but on a much smaller, but more global scale (i.e. Tattersalls October HIT, Arqana Arc Sale, etc.) What can I say - I LOVE my eruo-breds! LOL! :lol:

I do see Zifzaf's got a half-sibling later on in the Keeneland September sale.... any interest in that one??

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:22 am

We'll certainly be taking a look at him! Granted, it was the cross with War Chant that drew me to Zifzaf specifically, but the mare's produced some solid horses, so can't not look at that point in the sale.

Best of luck with your own hunting!