Winning old-style.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Winning old-style.

Postby wilf » Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm

In earlier times horses were given a blow-out close to a race to finalise their preparation and sharpen them for race day. On Sunday morning I did it the hard way. I have several horses training right now but only two actually running,one being Tevez who as you may have read saw action on Saturday night. The other is Amazon Run , a plodder who often is on the edges of victory and his latest run was alright considering I let him get a little heavy between races. Well this time he had a strong gallop on Friday and all was well for Sunday at Mountaineer until he got loose from the barn along with two fillies of mine and enjoyed a romp through a ploughed field and a neighbours garden on early Sunday morning for at least 30 minutes.. I considered scratching him but the prospect of training him again up to another race at the Mountain was more than I could stand. Well you need not worry as the lumbering chestnut was always on the bit and took after the leaders at the quarter pole blowing by them in a fashion unfamiliar to this horse's form drawing off to win well paying $13. Needless to say I have now rented the ploughed field for the summer!!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Congrats on a solid week, wilf! The fits they can give you in the morning are easy to forget when they do that in the afternoon (or, well evening).

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 am

Congrats on the win, Wilf! You know what they say - take em any way you can get em! :) Now you know what you have to do next time - turn Amazon (and his gal pals) loose in the cornfield for a half hour or so. It obviously agreed with him. Congrats again, and congrats for Tevez - nothing like a win (except TWO WINS) to pick one's head up. All the best!
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Thu May 13, 2010 2:39 am

Congrats wilf, They will appreciate the field you have rented.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 am

Congratulations!! What a way to kick off the month!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....