Exciting and unexpected update on my mare's page

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Exciting and unexpected update on my mare's page

Postby henthorn » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 pm

What a shocker! My trainer informed me that one of his horses was beaten by a multiple stakes winning 2yo filly at Fairgrounds this month. It turns out she is Fastation, the half-sister to my 12yo multiple stakes winning mare Spanish Guitar. She has had eight outs with five wins, including restricted and open stakes company, for a bankroll of almost $260,000.

I searched the equineline.com progeny report for their dam Fast Fingers. She's had eleven of racing age, nine runners, nine winners, three stakes winners, and one stakes-placed for total earnings so far of $941,000. And there's a yearling gelding in the wings.

I'm definitely adding her to my Horse Watch on drf.com.
Rocking H

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:15 am

Good for you! Don't you love when those updates sneak up on you like that! Did you breed Spanish Guitar in 2010?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Family news updated

Postby henthorn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:48 am

Yes, Madelyn, Spanish Guitar is a daughter of Birdonthewire, also the broodmare sire of Benny the Bull, 2008 Eclipse champion sprinter. His sire is Lucky Lionel, who stands stud about two miles from my mare's boarding farm. She has a lovely chestnut colt by LL this year, is pregnant by LL for an April foal, and likely will return to Lucky Lionel thereafter. Why NOT?

Also Spanish Guitar has two unraced progeny of racing age, both in training. Her 2yo Eddington colt Big Business is training at Hollywood Park. He sold for $115,000 at the Midlantic May sale and is a NY-bred. His half-sister by Prime Timber is training to start at Sam Houston this winter. I still own her and she is Opening Number, age three.
Rocking H