Tevez meets Red Eagle , what are the odds?

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Tevez meets Red Eagle , what are the odds?

Postby wilf » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

My gelding Tevez won a cheap turf race last week at Fort Erie and his adventures have been well documented on this forum for a few years. Red Eagle has been making a very good living for his owners at Woodbine and has also been the subject of many a comment here. Amazingly they both meet on the turf at Woodbine on friday going 6 furlongs in what is a bottom claiming level event for that track. I am happy to have got into the race and am surprised that only 8 horses complete the field as anywhere else the race would have been oversubscribed. My reasoning for Tevez' entry is that there are no more opportunities for him here at the Fort to run on the turf and I just cannot be bothered searching for chances to run over the border in a more realistic spot as the expense of such a foray and the stress on the horse are enough of a deterrent. I am under no illusion that Tevez will be competitive but it should be fun as the weather forecast looks good. I look forward to seeing the Eagle in the flesh.
Last edited by wilf on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 pm

I talked to his trainer last week and he was looking for a turf race for Red Eagle. Looking at the condition book it looks like the only short grass race in his conditions. Funny thing is that one of the MTO entries - Consolidator Joe is a brotherto one of my mares. So it really is a small world!

Red Eagle met Mood Swings' Quick Code in his last race as well.

Best of luck to both boys, and I really hope that no one claims him!
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Well now the forecast is not good and the showers are coming earlier than expected. Anyway we will run and see if he takes to the Polytrack here should it come off the turf.It has been tinkered with over the past few years and seems deeper than the Presque Isle Tapeta that Tevvy likes; There are also 3 main track only entrants which make it even saltier...........too bad!

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Wilf, win or lose you have done a heck of a job with that horse. Good luck tomorrow..

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey thanks Zinn it was a wet affair and Red Eagle dominated like the good horse he is in 1.09 and change for 6 furlongs . Tevvy of course was the 80/1 or so long shot but strangely enough I was delighted with his effort as the jock moved too soon to take advantage of the open rail and he moved right up into the fray looking like he might take 3rd at long odds but his effort caught up with him and he flattened late. I honestly feel that if I can find a cheaper 5 furlong affair he may make a good showing which would be a real bonus as Woodbine purses are ridiculous.

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Well I am certainly happy with the result :)

I'm also glad that you are happy with Tevez.

This horse has been awfully good to me.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 pm

As far as Red Eagle is concerned ,I watched the replay and he has so much talent but he looked very uncomfortable the last sixteenth,switching leads,swishing his tale and his head in the air and he still galloped! Must be feeling wrong somewhere ,I hope he is ok.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Red Eagle was awesome and seemed much more comfortable on turf again, a very nice horse indeed! Of course today Tevez was much more comfortable too running without Red Eagle to worry about and paying $60 to win. How sweet it is!

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Congrats on Tev's win!

Postby Denise » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 am

I got to see this one live, and what a treat! Congrats to you, Wilf, and give Tev an extra carrot from me! Well done!
:o

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 am

It sure was nice to win up there on the Polytrack and it took him past the $100k mark in earnings. Not too shabby for a cheap horse.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Our gals today

Postby Denise » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Red Peak and Pebble to a Pearl ran 1st and 3rd today at Parx, A other than on good turf. :D

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks for the update on your turf runners, how amazing that the 2 half siblings should meet and run so well . You have created quite a dynasty there with your mare Cozzy rhythm. I see that you don't have Pebble any more though?

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 am

Pearl was claimed from us last year. She looked well cared for, and I'm happy they are keeping her on the grass and all weather.