My filly's workout on 2/18

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

My filly's workout on 2/18

Postby Coquinerie » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:40 pm

My filly, Coquinerie worked out on 2/18 at Calder going 5f in 1:02.40

This filly is my introduction to horse racing and she can give you a heart attack when running. She makes one late, big run and often comes up short but she has compiled a nice little record for herself and as a 6k sales purchase, we couldnt be prouder of her. She's twice stakes-placed and she's headed for more stakes this year. She's also Sahm's leading earner. We're also going to bring her hear to California so I can actually see her run live!!! I truly cant wait till July when i'm buying out my partners completely and she'll be off to the shed next year. With her pedigree, I believe she can be a hell of a broodmare.

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:20 am

I should also say we claimed another filly yesterday. Me and my partner still havent decided to give her a break or send her to the shed. Her name is Chitchat Chitchat and I updated her info on this site. Same family as Coquinerie which is a complete coincidence-- she fit the criteria I was looking for as a broodmare prospect.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:22 am

Congratulations on Coquinerie's success! It sounds like she's doing great.

Chitchat Chitchat was entered in the recent Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale. I had marked her page as one to look at. Best of luck with her! As I'm sure you know, she comes from a wonderful family and I bet she'll make a great broodmare.

(If you don't mind my asking, how much did you claim her for? And if you do mind, just ignore me. :wink: )

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:50 pm

LSB wrote:Congratulations on Coquinerie's success! It sounds like she's doing great.

Chitchat Chitchat was entered in the recent Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale. I had marked her page as one to look at. Best of luck with her! As I'm sure you know, she comes from a wonderful family and I bet she'll make a great broodmare.

(If you don't mind my asking, how much did you claim her for? And if you do mind, just ignore me. :wink: )

We claimed her for 40k, so essentially 20k for both of us. If we decide to keep her in training my partner stays in, but if after giving her a small rest we decide she should be retired, i'll buy out my partner.

I should also mention Coquinerie worked again this morning @ Calder in 51:00 for 4f. We're pointing her to the Hollywood Wildcat at Calder and also nominated her for a few stakes at GP.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. That was a good claim. Assuming she looks good, she probably would have brought 20K more than that at the sale. Good luck with her!

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:00 pm

Thanks so much. Even with Arch being an unproven broodmare sire, and in many regards stallion, but I believe he has what it takes to do well and she very much has the pedigree to get me what I want in a foal... here's hoping.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

coquinerie

Postby BenB » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:49 am

Good luck with them, both are nicely bred.

Ben