Coquinerie in at Gulfstream tomorrow

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Coquinerie in at Gulfstream tomorrow

Postby Coquinerie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:45 pm

Race 8, the Very One H. which is a G3. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get graded blacktype for her before her retirment next year. Wish us some LUCK!

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:45 pm

It looks like a tough spot. Best of luck to you and her. I hope she has a great trip! :)

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:57 pm

LSB wrote:It looks like a tough spot. Best of luck to you and her. I hope she has a great trip! :)

To say the least!!! A lot of nice fillies in there. Coquie either runs her race, coming up late with an incredible turn of foot, or she usually kicks the bucket in and doesnt show up for anything. Its frusterating and she often makes her run a little late, but the added distance should help her out with that I think. I'd be happy with a 3rd or 2nd to be honest. Opens up a lot of stallions for in the future.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

coquinerie.

Postby BenB » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:24 am

The best of luck with her. The distance and the surface will be very suitable for her. I hope she is able to benefit from her stamina influence.
I do hope, that there will be some cut in the ground.
Leave the whip, a side. Don,t hurry her
So coming from last, and finishing as a bullet on the outside at the homestrech would be marvellous.
To be honest I,ve seen racing a half to salsabil ( danse royale), and I,ve met her in flesh, she was racing like this. She was a nasty costumer in training, independant, and not social at all. You couldn,t pet her, kicking you out of the stable. But to be a winner, you have to be unsocial leaving
the pack ( the herd), and go in front.
I don,t know the horse, but I would love to see starting up speeding through the last bench 3 or 4 wide and then gooiing on on the outside just on her own.
All the luck, have a safe return for both of you fingers crossed.

Ben

Ryeno
Allowance Winner

Postby Ryeno » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:17 am

Best of Luck!

Ryeno
"The easiest way to end up with a million dollars in the horseracing business is to start with 3 million!"

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:07 pm

Well Randolfo decided to run her in an allowance she was nominated to tomorrow instead of the stakes today. We want a good allowance out of her before sending her to a Graded stakes since her last race wasnt that impressive. We've nominated to a few stakes and will be sending her to Cali mid-year so hopefully she can show she deserves a graded try next out.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

coquinerie

Postby BenB » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:13 am

Do you know if the filly ( mare) is having a fluent action, as the track is
firm. When she shows kneeaction, something like turning your elbow,
she might harm her joints, and bones, hitting the surface hard

Best of luck

Ben

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:08 am

Good luck in today's race!

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:51 pm

I saw she ran second today. Congratulations!

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:38 pm

She was late making her run but came flying up to be a fast closing head short of winning. She took a little while to make her run but Santos said he would love to be her regular rider for now on. She ran at a mile and a half today-- full 12f without much pace to run at. It's a shame she never gets much respect but I think people are starting to notice. A stakes is a definite for the next outing and we'll hope for some Graded blacktype. Then she'll make her way out here to Cali so I can finally see her race in the summer where I will buy out my partners. After that, the plan is for me to breed her. So here's hoping for some stakes wins!!!

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:53 pm

I should also mention that she came out of the race find and that I was told she wasnt even breathing hard. Evidently, 12f is well within her scope. I was also told she could hand a few more furlongs no problem. I guess I will defintely be looking for some dirt speed in a stallion next year.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:15 pm

I think you'd better buy out your partners before she gets that graded black type. She'll cost you less. :wink:

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:18 pm

LSB wrote:I think you'd better buy out your partners before she gets that graded black type. She'll cost you less. :wink:

LOL We already made the deal when she was purchased as a yearling with certain clauses-- So either way she cant break a certain amount for me so in my opinion, a win/win situation.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

coquinerie

Postby BenB » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:57 pm

congrats with your filly second place.
Bet she will be better when there is some cut in the ground, and then
making it a full test of stamina. No doubt about that. Betting my last euro
on this proclamation. Could be a nice horse horse for euro racing in the fall when there are plenty off filly races at 13-14 furlongs.

Ben.

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:20 am

Coquinerie wrote:She was late making her run but came flying up to be a fast closing head short of winning. She took a little while to make her run but Santos said he would love to be her regular rider for now on. She ran at a mile and a half today-- full 12f without much pace to run at. It's a shame she never gets much respect but I think people are starting to notice. A stakes is a definite for the next outing and we'll hope for some Graded blacktype. Then she'll make her way out here to Cali so I can finally see her race in the summer where I will buy out my partners. After that, the plan is for me to breed her. So here's hoping for some stakes wins!!!

Congratulations...there will be many wins to come I'm sure.