this sucks!!

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

walaa
Starters Handicap

this sucks!!

Postby walaa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:47 am

How does Gulfstream Park lose our horses papers!!!!!!!!! On her way to the paddock, Culleoka Rose gets pulled away by the stewards, who had her paperwork to get her entered, and say they have "misplaced" her papers, no one can find them, so she cant run, Im so pissed I can barely type. Apparently, they lost her papers, all other 12 horses got to run, but not ours. They still havent found them, WTF???????????

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:11 pm

May be someone did not want her to run or you to run a horse...How about you sue them for that?
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Why did it take so long to tell you guys? Usually the papers are sorted into a pile at scratch time by the identifier . Did your horse ship in for the race and /or were the papers sent there beforehand? Explain the process that originally put the papers in the office and then work backwards. In these cases they are usually put in the wrong file and are strangely found later on. It;s the same old song........you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

walaa
Starters Handicap

Postby walaa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:32 pm

the trainer called a friend right away when it happend, he was with the stewards, and knew we would be asking a million questions, so he called them to tell us what was going on and that he was with the stewardss and couldnt call us right then, and trying to get to the bottom of it, so we did get a call right away, plus we were calling immediately when we saw she was scratched on her way to the saddling paddock.

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:31 pm

I would be crazy angry about this as well, it's hard enough to get them ready for a race you don't need the race office working against you.

The cost of the pre race meds and if your filly was on lasix or not would have me spinning... What a shame it didn't happen to an Adena horse, I'm sure that wouldn't have been so easy to explain to the boss.

walaa
Starters Handicap

race

Postby walaa » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 am

Yes, they still say they dont know where they are, and we can run her without them, but the only race is one where she will be the only girl, I really dont get it

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm

That is just insane! How can it be ok to run now without the papers when a few days ago it wasn't ok. Same story then and now, only now you missed your chance to run in the spot you wanted... honestly!

walaa
Starters Handicap

race

Postby walaa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 am

Well, they are ordering new papers for us, they still say they have no idea what happened to them, but she is in tomorrow, race 4 Gulfstream. The only filly in the race, but what do you do. She has had only 1 timed workout in the several months since we got her away from the crap both are horses were going through in Indiana. So I hope she comes back good, of course I WANT her to win :D , but as long as she shows up and tries, I will be happy. Its a big step up from the same price racing in Indiana, but Im crossing my fingers she does well!!!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Ordering new papers is costly affair ,how can "they" do it? It entails affadavits,photos and time. Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye. Anyway you have Vella training and Emma Jayne in the saddle and have a 5 furl work on the grass so you are in good shape. Just hope that she gets a good race into her on the turf and those papers should be around by the next time that you can run against the girls and be much fitter and seasoned for a good showing...........it's all good ,enjoy the day.

walaa
Starters Handicap

race

Postby walaa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:10 am

Im not sure sure, the stewards office said they were going to take care of everything, I too, think there is a smell about the whole thing, but we will see what we will see today :lol:

walaa
Starters Handicap

race

Postby walaa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:41 am

wee, not so hot, but not completely embarrasing :) I think she really needed a race , so we'll see what he says next

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:44 am

How can you beat it ? Scratched down to a 7 horse field and gets a nice workout on the turf. I would give anything for a turf workout right now.

walaa
Starters Handicap

star and rose

Postby walaa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 am

Well, poor little Rose tried a couple times in Canada.. looked good just never could do well, she probably needed a lower price race, but last time out got kicked up badly, and her leg hasnt healed well enough to keep training anymore. I think she could have been a keep earner had the race level been dropped a little , but who knows. Star had her first race, off 1 workout after almost a year, actually did quite well, and again a couple weeks ago. She is back in at Woodbine today, race 5, maybe she will get it together finally!! She has looked pretty good last 2 outs , just no placings worth any money to keep paying bills. Rose will be coming back to the farm in Tn, unless anyone wants a peanut size Alphabet Soup for a broodie up there, reasonable!! :D Star, if not claimed today, will be for sale as well, cant keep paying these bills with no returns, or come back to the farm in TN. She is a 16.3 hand beautiful mover, sound, no temperant issues, will would fantastic hunter prospect