Readying to race, and update on other horses

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Readying to race, and update on other horses

Postby henthorn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I have only one horse of racing age now, and the three-year-old gelding should be entering soon at Will Rogers Downs, Claremore, OK. His name is Circus Train, son of Lucky Lionel out of Spanish Guitar by Birdonthewire. He has a full sister yearling and a full sib foal due in May. These three foals are 3/4 sibs of champion sprinter Benny the Bull.
I sold their older sister Opening Number to a quarter horse breeder, and retired Hop to It as a pasture pet to a lady with yearlings who needed a baby sitter. Hop to It's 2010 filly died on the track last fall when her shoulder fractured in training. Her final foal is a 2yo filly by Tactical Cat named Terra Luna.

Spanish Guitar's Eddington 5yo gelding is Big Business, discussed elsewhere, racing in New York.
Rocking H

Lisann
Allowance Winner

Postby Lisann » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:15 am

Best of luck to you!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Well lots of luck with "The Train" ,I will put him in my virtual stable.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 am

Very best of luck to you!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Good luck with Circus Train, hope he has a career as good or better than his big brother Big Business.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Entry for Circus Train

Postby henthorn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:31 pm

The trainer Clinton Stuart and I share ownership in Circus Train, and he's entered MSW at Will Rogers Downs on April 16th, Tuesday, race 8, six furlongs on the dirt. PP6/7, Garrett Steinberg up. Circus Train had the bullet work at 5f earlier this week, a full second faster than the other nineteen working that day. Naturally we're looking forward to his career. May it be long and prosperous. Our stable could use some income. :roll:

Glossary:
MSW=maiden special weight, not subject to being claimed (purchased) from the race.
PP6/7=post position six out from the rail, of total seven scheduled to race
Six furlongs=3/4 mile
Garrett Steinberg "up"=jockey riding the horse
bullet work= fastest of the day at the distance
5f=five furlongs
full second faster=generally considered about five horse lengths ahead at the finish
Rocking H

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Gate work adequate for Circus Train

Postby henthorn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:03 pm

The trainer says Circus Train has had one persistent problem: :? he's slow coming out of the gate. When he finally ran a good gate workout, he was entered to race this upcoming Tuesday; he was scheduled for another gate work today, to see if he's consistently :idea: learning. Today he worked three furlongs from the gate with a time second fastest of the thirteen that worked that distance. I guess he's ready!!
Rocking H