Eight to the Bar

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

3nutmeg
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Eight to the Bar

Postby 3nutmeg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 am

Good luck in your races!

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Madelyn: Roman Cross, a horse I bred, is in the race Saturday with Eight To The Bar. I had him in training in Florida but he proved so seriously anhidrotic I was advised to let him go. I liked him -- a good-looking colt with attitude born on Good Friday, hence his name, a religioso double alignment, his dam is by Risen Star. He's raced but once and didn't look like a threat to Eight To The Bar. Good luck!

Allison
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 am

More coincidence. I hope that horse is ok - after an incredibly cool summer here it is supposed to be a furnace on Saturday. I am now planning to run up a second set of silks this morning. Can't have the filly going out with dirty silks.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 am

Whatever problems Roman Cross had at two, he ran his legs off, got 2nd, and was sweating like any other horse when he was pulled up.

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:37 pm

He certainly surprised and delighted me, Madelyn. I'm told he'll race at Tampa Bay Downs. So even though I no longer own him he may earn me some breeder awards -- not so much cold comfort as lukewarm.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:13 am

Let me know if you decide to claim him back. :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:56 am

So Eight to the Bar closed out at Ellis Park with five paychecks from five starts. He learned a lot and we are looking next for a spot at KY Downs on the grass with that big hill. Silly to say the least, that big galoot is still growing. 17.1 and still not yet fully filled out. A paddock finally came available and I rented it for him. After the first hour he hated it. Was galloping in place on the shank going back to the wash rack and then his stall.

My filly is making her 2nd start today. She flipped her palate first out.. we have equipment changes and will see what happens today.