Miss Pinkerton

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Miss Pinkerton

Postby ageecee » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:18 am

[quote="madelyn"]For my partner in that filly, that was his Dream Race. Wire to Wire.
The 10 lb bug did what I asked. When she got back she said, "I did exactly what you said, and SHE did EXACTLY what you said!!!!" I asked her to not whip the horse I wanted to see what she would do under a vigorous hand ride with a 10 lb weight allowance in the stretch. Miss Pinkerton is an experienced horse who has taken her time to grasp her schooling but once she "gets it" she needs no more taskmaster. I liked the outside post a lot since when she lingers in the gate her ADD kicks in and she misses the break, which has cost her the race or a better placing in the past. She got to hang around out back while the gate crew fought the number 4 horse into place. I was very pleased really I figured "last in first out" and that's exactly what happened.

I did not ever see your friend. The receiving barn is very big, though. Or perhaps his horses were on the grounds in a trainer's shedrow. Frankly I spend just about every minute with my horse. I want them walking over with every hair in place and gleaming. To say I got home, at 1:40 am, totally exhausted is an understatement, yet still unable to fall asleep until like 5 or something. That was my First win in a Maiden Special Weight, which is the top class for maidens. What a nice Valentine's Day.[/quote]

Thats your 8th lifetime win Congrats!!!!!!!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:37 am

Why how nice that you have spent time to track that. Thanks. I've really only been training for about 7% of my life, though. I started very late.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:15 pm

[quote="madelyn"]Why how nice that you have spent time to track that. Thanks. I've really only been training for about 7% of my life, though. I started very late.[/quote]

It shows..

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:09 pm

No need to get nasty. I've been a horseman all my life started riding at 6 yrs old. Rode every discipline except saddleseat. Including 2 yrs on racing quarters.

Just because I do not share your kind of vision does not diminish what I do. I take on abandoned horses, given away horses, the kind that need very special handling. I've had only twelve horses start so far, and six have won. So I am 50% winners from starters. Of the other six, two are on layoff, and one has just come back.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Congratulations, Madelyn!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 am

Thanks so much.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Alas, I'm guessing that the inside draw didn't help Miss P today, but boy when the jock sent her, she went. Didn't change leads at the top of the stretch? First time against ALW company winners, not bad I think. hope she came out OK.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:48 pm

I'd put her in for 15K NW-2 i think thats where she belongs

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:56 pm

Might be interesting to see what happens on another surface - as things move to Kee, Ind, or CD.

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:11 am

The gal that wired the MSW with her was off on a family retreat and couldn't take the mount. That jock stood up for some reason in the stretch and then kind of quit riding her. Her legs were stone cold after, she was not puffing and drank a couple of sips of water. We entered back NW2 15K but it didn't fill so we went in the Starter 5 instead. Last race of the meet. Sigh. 9:42 pm. But we have the bug girl back.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Takin a shot at an $81k Allowance venture? Hope she show up big time that day!

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:55 am

Keeneland called me and hustled me into the race with "Six" - it has 8 but the #4 is in the sale Tuesday and if she sells she scratches. We're taking a wait and see what the field is by Thursday morning. Scratch at Keeneland is 8am day of. I got the bug rider back with 12 lbs against one and 10 lbs against the rest. It's 6f not 6-1/2 which suits her better. There's two that look really tough. 3rd is $8100 which is almost what she got for the MSW at Turfway. She's training Really Well and really needs a run. We were originally pointing to the end of April at Indiana and actually we could do both. A "minor" check on $81K is still paying some bills. My owner would be thrilled just to hit the board at Keeneland. I won't know for sure if we're going till Thursday morning. I'm a methodical type and this kind of thing puts my teeth on edge.

Oddly it seems her Equibase numbers are all over the place while the Beyers show a steady increase. Her last two efforts each earned a 74 Beyers while Equibase has her at 75 then 66.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:01 am

Just the change of surface may move her up (or down!) but hey, in a short field, with maybe another scratch who knows. BTW, I'm a believer in the short field - big price possibilities as well, as I've seen it too often.

Hope it works out - blessings

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:10 am

Keeneland's track was like high tide beach after a squall. Miss P's massive clodhoppers made it a no hoper. When I watched the first race, the track looked like a newly ploughed field after and I knew I should have scratched. The riders there also, though, ride really tight as a bunch and like scraping each others irons on their way by. They closed off my bug girl and would not let her through. It shortened up to seven so we got $810 though :D :D

Plus at Keeneland they have a great way of making you feel really small and worthless all the way from Barn 3 (they have no receiving barn) over the mile plus of tracks roads and barns you have to travel over and through to get to the paddock.

On a brighter note. the #4 that kept Miss P company at the back of the pack at the end sold for $65K on Tuesday. They let her run as she was already entered and they also only got $810. :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Well Miss P is showing her stuff lately - as luck would have it we've been "in" grass - to - mud" competitions and scratched but finally Friday I said what the heck!! I ran at Belterra Thursday and it was slop so I knew the grass was no-go Friday but I hoped that the track would be hard like a road and it was. We can't get anyone to write NW2L 5f on the grass anywhere so I took a shot in an Aother 2019 and Miss P ran a helluva race to get 2nd from a mare that has won 6 times! The third place behind us had won 4 allowance races! The racing secretary and pals were lounging in the office when I picked up my papers and they really chuffed me up! They promised me a NW2L 5F.