Vestal Heights

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Vestal Heights

Postby BenB » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Vestal Heights, will make her seasonal debut, when nothing happens in the meantime, sunday the tenth of april in Germany.
She will start at 8 furlongs, prelimenary, she needs the race, as a pipe opener, after her lay off during the long winter ( because of the unexpected heavy snowfall in early March). For her the distance is new, shorter than she ever run. Also a racetrack she hasn,t seen before.
I might have a look down there, but is 3,5 hour up en 3,5 hour back again.
Hopes she will return safe and sound.

Ben

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:23 pm

Best of luck to her! I hope she runs a great race and has a safe trip. :)

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Best of luck and wishes for a safe trip.
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:22 am

It's funny, Ben. In the US we worry when they start at a distance longer than they've been before, and in Europe you worry when they start at a shorter distance than they've been before. I guess we all have to worry about something. :P Have fun. I hope she learns something that will help her move forward.
Rocking H

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Vestal Heights

Postby BenB » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:45 am

For explaining the shorter distance. My trainer who trains at the countryside, is only having a six furlong straight sand trip for his regular
work. In two weeks time, he,s able to train on the turf tracks in germany,
taking a lot with him on one of his trucks. The turf tracks opens for workriding in about 2 weeks time, as the grass isn,t growing right now because of the low temperature.
He doesn,t want them to be pushed at too long distances right now in this early stage in the season.
I,d hope this will makes things something more clearly.
So I,am the one who is worrying, not my trainer.

Ben

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:07 pm

Good luck! Safe trip and maybe the others will be less fit so she will bring them all home with her nose in front....
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Vestal Heights

Postby BenB » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:02 am

She ended up seventh, having had a very nice easy race, without beiing pushed. A mile seems to be to short according the jockey. Next planned
start in a fortnight, distance 10,75 furlong 2.150m1 or a mile and three eights. I,ve fully enjoyed her racing worthwhile the long trip about 280 miles. There was no sign of an shortage of condition. Track turf soft.
Ben
Last edited by BenB on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:47 am

I'm glad she had a good experience and can improve from there, Ben.
Rocking H

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:40 pm

Good to hear. to bad you couldent make the trip to see her but it sounds like your trainer has it under control. I've been missing my horses since I am not able to make it out to the barns yet. Hopefully by next week, when my mares and babies will be coming home. My two year old filly left for training this week I hate missing out on anything I even miss cleaning stalls. good luck next trip.
onalimb

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Vestal Heights

Postby BenB » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:50 am

Onalimb
I,ve been there watching the race!!

Ben