Pardon My Heart

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Camish
Maiden Special Weight

Pardon My Heart

Postby Camish » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:10 am

This gallant filly will make her first tract appearance on Saturday in the 7th race at Oaklawn Park. She has the spunk to make a great race mare. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a safe trip. Winning would be wonderful, but coming home in one peice is truly what I hope for. :D

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:23 am

That's great. All the best for her to learn something and get paid for it.
Rocking H

BenB
Sophomore Sire

pardon my heart

Postby BenB » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:17 pm

Good luck, and wishing she will return home in one piece

Ben

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Pardon My Heart

Postby erins isle » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:28 am

Wish her a great race and a safe return, that's the main thing don't you think? Let us know how she ran.

Camish
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Camish » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:29 pm

Thanks for the encourging words. Just an hour and half until post and I'm getting nervous! The hardest part is the hurry up and wait... :)

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:06 pm

Camish, you have now witnessed the curse of the maiden special weight races. At Oaklawn and many other good tracks, some future superstars get their starts in the race you had picked out. Your girl did not disgrace herself, and got paid, finishing fifth. That winner was going to win easily no matter what. Your girl got a tardy start from the gate, but made up six lengths on the winner, and the field was strung out far behind you. She'll likely wake up after she digests this race experience, and be eager to go next time. What track will she be heading for, since Oaklawn is all but finished for the year?

I remember a similar outcome at Oaklawn with one of my horses in the past in an allowance for 3yo fillies NW2. Graduates of their respective maiden races in their first starts (MSW and $20K MCl), Coffee Ridge, who had vanquished her maiden $20K company so easily, went up against Sister Act, who had broken her maiden in MSW company the same week in virtually the same time. You can guess the outcome. Mine dragged in dejectedly in a 6th place finish, while Sister Act had her way with the group. (She later became a grade 1 winner of over $500K).
Rocking H

Camish
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Camish » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:11 pm

Thanks for the kind words. She ran a heck of a race, even dodging the shadows as she came around the turn. :) She's headed back up here to good ole Iowa to race at Prairie Meadows. She has always been sluggish out of the gate but I hope with some experience she'll learn that being left at the gate isn't something she wants! I'm real proud of her.

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:27 pm

glad to hear. she should give you more excitement this year. Its a happy day
onalimb