Super Mood

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Roguelet

Super Mood

Postby Roguelet » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:24 am

I must be missing something. I really don't understand the plan of the connections of this horse... maybe someone else can see something I'm missing here???

He's a nice gelding by our stallion, so I've always watched him. He's been in the money a LOT and has 4 wins to his credit as well, all in open company. He's mostly raced at Mountaineer, but has lately been racing in Ohio. He did well in open company at Mountaineer, so when he came to Ohio I thought maybe he was hurt, but he's been doing very well there as well.

Now, 4 days before live racing begins in Indiana, he's running for nothing purses in Ohio again. He's Indiana bred and sired... the purses are better here to start with, plus he's eligible for added money here! The only thing I can think of is maybe they're wanting someone to claim him to race in Indiana... and don't think I haven't been sorely tempted...

Anyway, he's in the 4th at Beulah... about 20 minutes out... so we'll see. If he does well, I'm going to REALLY wish I'd claimed him... sigh...
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

BenB
Sophomore Sire

super mood

Postby BenB » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:15 am

Why didn,t you claim him, if you thinks it,s profible for racing him in Indiana

Ben

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:51 pm

I think the connections had him spotted in the right race. Without seeing a racing form for Tuesday i really cant comment but he went off at 35/1 and the claiming tag was 3500 so basically the bettors were saying he had no shot. I know i wouldnt of claimed him but thats just me.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:05 am

I didn't claim him for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I have enough horses in training right now and my funding, unfortunately, is not unlimited. :(

I don't understand the odds on him, unless once again I'm missing something. He's been competitive, winning and placing, against much tougher company than he saw that day... so unless he got hurt somewhere, he really should've done better. Of course, I don't know that he's ever raced that short, either... 4 1/2 furlongs just might not be his distance. I'm commenting on that without looking up the distances of his races, so take that comment with a grain of salt! :lol:

But, who knows... I don't know any of the connections personally, so I can only watch and speculate. Maybe they plan to run him in Indiana and they were just getting one last race in to get him fit... or maybe he got hurt and they were hoping someone would claim him and they wouldn't have to worry about him any more. I know that the Indy Mood babies get better with age, and Super Mood has followed that same pattern; he's gotten progressively better each year with 2004 being his best year yet, and I was hoping he would do even better in 2005. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'