War Proposal

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

BenB
Sophomore Sire

war proposal

Postby BenB » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:07 am

Wishing that war proposal will have a good and a safe trip, and all the luck you can get

Ben

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sun May 01, 2005 7:04 pm

"Luck" is not on our side when it comes to this filly! She bled again, but we weren't able to scope her right after the race so we're not sure if she BLED bled or just bled from her mouth somewhere... can't find a cut but there was blood on the bit, none in the nostrils... so the plan is to give her a week, then work her and scope her immediately afterwards so we know exactly what we're dealing with... if she's clean, we'll look for another race. If she bleeds or has any signs of infection or trouble, we'll give her the time that she needs to get back to 100%, then we'll go from there.

I don't "think" she bled as in EIPH, but it's not worth risking her health over, so we'll find out for sure exactly what condition she's in before moving forward with her.

The good news is, the jockey liked her and said she ran a nice race, just came up a little short at the end. She took 5th, but it was a full field and the first 4 crossed the line together, and the time for the race was decent, so we're not too discouraged... I still think her best is yet to come. :wink:
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

BenB
Sophomore Sire

war proposal

Postby BenB » Mon May 02, 2005 10:11 am

Rogulet, pay special attention towards the bridle she having in.
Some type of bridles causes damage to the insight of the cheeks and
tongue aswell to the point the bridle sticks in the mouth.
Some horses are chewing on the bridle or putting their teeth on it, so it has to fit properly special when the horse (general) seems to be, or is headstrong or is just very eager and shows a lot of determination

I hope you,re able to find the answer to the bleeding.

Ben