War Proposal

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Roguelet

War Proposal

Postby Roguelet » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:36 am

Some of you may remember War Proposal from last Fall... she had two starts at the end of the Hoosier Park meet. The first was a troubled debut, but she overcame a lot, ran very well, and ended up a fast closing 3rd. Her second time out, she pretty much took it wire to wire in MSW company. Then the meet ended, and she relaxed for a while, then went back into traininig to prepare for the Spring Meet at Indiana Downs.

She has been training even better now than she did before. She has been entered in the 9th race on Tuesday... post time 6:07pm... in a 5 furlong allowance race. Our trainer really likes her chances. I'm trying not to expect anything because I prefer to be overwhelmed with excitement rather than disappointment! :roll: :lol:

I don't think you can get the Indiana Downs signal anywhere other than the Indiana OTBs or sitting in the building itself :roll: so none of you will probably see the race, but I don't care... I'm telling you about it anyway! :wink: OK, I'm excited...
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:52 am

Good Luck!
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:12 pm

Good luck! I hope she runs as well for you as she did last time.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

War Proposal

Postby erins isle » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:14 am

Hi Roguelet,

Wish your horse all the best and a safe trip home. Love to hear all about the race. I know it's hard, but you better not expect too much, the more joy there will be afterwards.
Best wishes,
Last edited by erins isle on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:43 am

best of luck and take care
onalimb

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:04 am

If she could beat them at Hoosier, hopefully she can smoke them at ID... :lol:
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:15 am

That's what I'm hoping... it was opening night last night at Indiana Downs and it was quite obvious that most of the horses are not fit yet. I guess people are training/racing them fit at the same time! Well, at least she's fit, so we've got that going for us! :lol:

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:23 am

Rogue - All my best for your 'girl' in this first race of this year!! May she travel safe and sure.....to the winner's circle.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

war proposal

Postby BenB » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:34 pm

I hope for all the best. Especially winning and a good and sound return.

Ben

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:48 am

Lots of luck...because I'm sure the ability is there...so only luck can stand in her way...and I'm sure that will be on her side as well.

Big wishes for "safe away...safe home"

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:52 am

I found out that she had a slight raspiness to her breathing last week... no coughing, no fever, no other issues. The vet came out and checked her over and cleared her to run, so hopefully it's cleared up now, whatever it was. After the vet's "all clear" I'm happy that she'll run but now a little aprehensive in case she's not at 100%... I'm hoping for "in the money." Then we can run her back in the sired race on the 30th, since this is only a 5f race and shouldn't take too much out of her. Her rider seems to think she'll like distance... :?: :?:

Well, whatever happens, it will be an exciting night.

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:36 am

be careful and best of luck for all a safe trip
onalimb

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:04 am

Well, she ended up 7th; much worse than anyone expected. While we were waiting for the jockey to bring her back around after the race, the trainer was just shaking his head. He said she had been training so much better than she ran. Last time she got the lead and this time she got behind a bunch of horses, so he figured maybe she didn't like the dirt in her face, but really had no excuses for her. He called us later and told us that she was coughing on the way back, so he scoped her, and she had bled... I have mixed feelings about that. It stinks that she bled, but it is something that we can work with... we can try her back on lasix and see how she does. The plan is to point her toward the sired NW2 race on the 30th and see what she can do there. Hopefully she can get a clean trip, maybe an outside post, and with the lasix and second trip off a layoff... who knows...

BenB
Sophomore Sire

War proposal

Postby BenB » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:28 am

Roguelet

What I read in your earlier post, she was giving signs that not everything
was a 100%.
Scope her just before her next outing, to be sure that her airways, lungs
and throat are a 100% clear. A slight cough, can costs weeks if not dealed
good enough. Coughing after the racing is also a possibility because of the
dirt into her mouth and nose. The dust can cause severe irritation in the throat.
Wishing all the best the next time.

Ben

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:59 am

War Proposal will try again on Saturday. She recovered nicely from her last race... we were prepared to skip this one if need be, but she showed us that she's ready to go again, so we've entered her in a sired allowance (non-winners of 2) 6 furlong race on Saturday. Obviously, she'll run on lasix this time.

She's in race 8 at Indiana Downs. HRTV is showing Indiana Downs sometimes, but I don't know which days or races they show, so I don't know if it will be available to watch or not. Does HRTV have a schedule somewhere? I'm so used to TVG, I just don't know much about HRTV...