Mae East

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Mae East

Postby adrienne » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:32 am

Not my horse:) But she is the only daughter of my favorite mare in the entire world. :) Sharkey x Shannon Ashley (by Kris S.) (I am riding her in my avatar).

She is starting for the 3rd time at Prairie Meadows on Friday night.

#7 in the 5th race. A 3yo and up fillies & mares $10k maiden claiming. She's not QUITE the longest longshot at 15-1.

Her last race of last year was an improvement. She made a big move coming around the turn but fought changing leads and lost position.

I would like to see her on the turf at a longer distance... but maybe she'll show something.

I'll be there rooting her on anyway - like I have the last 2 times :)

~Adrienne

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:11 pm

I hope she runs well for you. And I love her name. :D

BenB
Sophomore Sire

mae

Postby BenB » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:40 am

I,ll hope she gets a good and safe race.

Ben

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Postby adrienne » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:06 am

She played early speed. Dropped back to 3rd - came back and looked like she was headed for a place but got passed by two late in the stretch.

Still - I think a good improvement and a suggestion that she might be capable of winning at least once :) She was very washed out in the paddock - so I didn't expect anything at all from her. She's like her momma - not nervous but very much into fighting every little thing.

I think if they could get her to chill a little and pace a little more she should do better. Someone commented that the race was too long for her - but I think she's just a stamina horse's body with a crazy horse's mind <g>.

She went off at 74-1 so a show would have been nice for my bets <g>. Maybe next time:)

~Adrienne

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Mae east

Postby BenB » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:19 pm

The problem with her seems to be, relaxing before the race and in the race.
In our country you,re able to ask, for an free to be in the paddock and or an outside draw, or the last to be placed in the boxes.
Maybe this is a little help. And between the races a time off in pasture, enjoying the sun

Ben