Meelup & Easter Ogil

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Fredtheted
Weanling

Meelup & Easter Ogil

Postby Fredtheted » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:50 am

These two inmates at the Southcombe yard run next week.

Meelup In fine form at present with 3 wins from his last 4 runs. He is entered for races at Warwick on the 2nd May and Chepstow on the 4th. Subject to a decent draw he is expected to put up bold performances under a 6lb penalty.

Easter Ogil re-appears after his 2nd place to stable mate Meelup. Jamie Spencer is back on board so a good showing is expected.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Wed May 04, 2005 7:11 pm

Well??? How did they do...I'm one of Easter Ogil's States-side fans so am very curious to know.

Fredtheted
Weanling

Postby Fredtheted » Wed May 04, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi jellac

Meelup was beaten a head on Monday, basically because the jockey waited to press the button too late. One of the problems with running in apprentice races.

The ground at Bath which is usually no worse than good was extremely heavy which meant that Easter Ogil had no real chance. He ran well for a long way but was eased with a furlong to go as the going found him out.

Meelup ran at Chepstow yesterday where the going was good to soft, with the dips being softer. This didn't suit him and he lost his action after half way and was well beaten in the end.

The stable have a Night Shift filly running for the first time today at Chepstow in what looks like a very fair maiden. I haven't a clue how she will run, but she will certainly improve a fair amount for the run.

It has been a disappointing week so far. :(

Easter Ogil will probably run again within the next 14 days when the ground improves, but Meelup will not run again for at least 3 weeks.