Are you searching for old winner's circle photos?

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

ponytales1976
Suckling

Sunshine Denise

Postby ponytales1976 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:18 pm

Thank you very much for that information. I will try to get that Philly Park picture.

ac89
Newborn

Postby ac89 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:08 pm

I would love love love to find pictures of my horse Step Charger. He won 4 races. At the time he was owned by Spotsmen Stable.

I know he won the Chez Pierre, think my spelling is correct. I believe it was at Saratoga in 1998. I'm clueless as to the other 3 races. He raced mainly in New York and Florida.

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Step Charger won 4 of 61 starts lifetime, earning $104,788.

Dates and tracks of his wins as follows:

Sept. 7, 1998 Saratoga by a neck in the slop

Sept. 25, 1999 at Finger Lakes, NY by a half on a fast track

October 26, 1999 at Finger Lakes by three-quarters on a fast track

June 27, 2000 at Fingler Lakes by 3 1/4 lengths on a fast track

I would go for the last one, if possible, just so he's in the clear in the action photo. Beyond that I'd go for the Saratoga win, just because it is Saratoga.

Per your other post:

Rosenelli 3 wins, 25 starts

August 30, 1985 at Belmont Park, NY

Feb 16, 1986 at Aqueduct, NY

Dec. 20, 1986 at Aqueduct, NY

Don't know if you'd be able to get win pictures from that far back, but you could make inquiries and find out.

Contact the "track photographers" at the various places to learn about getting pictures.

Ends Well won 10 of 35 races from 1984 to 1986, earning $872,093

He won 6 stakes races

ac89
Newborn

Postby ac89 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:05 am

Thank you so very much!

Turnback the Alarm
Newborn

Postby Turnback the Alarm » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:53 pm

JimbleBrimble wrote:AJ,

I did confirm that you have the correct date, and he won the first race of the day if it ever matters.

If it comes to this, you could always tryyyy to make contact with either Jockey Frank Alvarado or trainer Frank LaBoccetta to see if one or the other has an old copy they'd be willing to part with.

But the initial path you should take is to contact the track photographer at Aqueduct currently, then find out if he/she is also the Belmont photographer, and then learn whether he/she has been there ten years.

If so, then that is the person you would order from (with horse name, date, and race info). If not, then you has he/she whom to contact to order a back photo from 1997.

The website for both Belmont and Aqueduct is www.nyra.com

That should help.

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I know that the post I am responding to is pretty old, but I thought this might be useful.

Adam Coglianese is the current NYRA photographer. I am not sure how many years he has been there, but prior to that his father, Bob Coglianese, was the photographer for many years. So the odds are that most win photos that people here are seeking could be found one way or another.

I know that now they have switched completely to digital and most recent photos are available at the click of a button if you have the date and race number. I have a win photo from December '01 that is from film but everything I have that is more recent than that is digital.

On the website Adam's email is listed as [email protected] . I don't know how accurate this is, but you could probably call whatever NYRA track is running and ask for the track photographer's office. If you are at the track, you could also walk back into the racing offices and ask someone to direct you to the photographer's office. This is probably the easiest way.

Turnback the Alarm
Newborn

Postby Turnback the Alarm » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:04 pm

ac89 wrote:I would love love love to find pictures of my horse Step Charger. He won 4 races. At the time he was owned by Spotsmen Stable.

I know he won the Chez Pierre, think my spelling is correct. I believe it was at Saratoga in 1998. I'm clueless as to the other 3 races. He raced mainly in New York and Florida.

Was it Spotsmen or Sportsmen? If it is Sportsmen Stable I may be able to help you as I know people who are connected with them.

Granada
Newborn

Bold Words2

Postby Granada » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm looking for pics of my horse Trevor (Bold Words2). I know he won 5 races and raced in Europe, CA and at Emerald downs WA. Called Emerald downs last week but they haven't gotten back to me, so I'll try again next week.

I was recently spurred into looking at his racing history when I found him quoted in Nan Mooney's book My Racing Heart... So cool to see his winning race described in a book w/ a promotional quote by Oprah Magazine :)

I would love any info on his other wins.

Thank you so much for consolidating this into one thread! And Thanks to everyone who helps us ex-racehorse owners (some, like me, not so savy w/ racing industry) find info about the horses we love.
My Horse Trevor: "Bold Words was classier than all his competition. Straighter knees and a slim, elegant neck. If pedigree truely did win out, there would be no contest" -Nan Mooney

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:38 pm

The specifics you might not have are as follows:

These are the dates of his wins, which will be needed to order photographs.

October 2, 1996 at Salisbury, England

October 18, 1996 at Newmarket, England

April 9, 1997 at Ripon, England

August 18, 1999 at Del Mar, California

July 30, 2000 at Emerald Downs, Washington

You would contact the "track photographer" at various tracks to obtain pictures. I'm not too sure how/what they do in England, but you can sure check.

I would really opt for the August 18, 1999 photo as he won on grass and it should be a nice shot in mid summer.

Maybe you won't want to know this, but Bold Words is among the rare thoroughbreds in North America who have ever finished "32nd" in a race. It seems he was in a 32-horse race at Ascot, England on June 17, 1998 and in North America there are almost never more than 20 in a race.

Oh, and you really need to refer to him as "Bold Words" in official circles so that the rest of us don't become confused.

Granada
Newborn

Postby Granada » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Thank you JimbleBrimble! And Thanks to the person who emailed me with the Emerald Downs track photographer, I've just emailed her, so hopefully she will have the pic of Bold Words.

Thank you also for sharing that he was last in a 32 horse race. I can't imagine that many horses on one track. He is sort of an all or nothing horse so I imagine he was the same racing.

I will remember to use his registered name. I mentioned his barn name in the post, as this is the name he came with from the track, so I thought it might catch someone's eye if they had worked with him, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for all your help!
My Horse Trevor: "Bold Words was classier than all his competition. Straighter knees and a slim, elegant neck. If pedigree truely did win out, there would be no contest" -Nan Mooney

shanova
Maiden Special Weight

Seeking old winner's circle photos from Beulah Park & Th

Postby shanova » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:14 pm

1) April Fool Girl, 95, by First Patriot(84)-Remember Charm(91),
by Charming Turn(77)

*** Beulah Park, 3/16/02, Race 4

*** Beulah Park, 2/03/01, Race 8

2) R C U Later Elaine, 01, by Eastern Echo(88), Religious Colony(94),
by Cherokee Colony(85)

*** Beulah Park, 1/15/05, Race 2

***Thistledown, 12/10/2004, Race 14

If at all possible, I would like to locate and get these for an anniversary gift the first part of April.

Thank you

T-Rae
Newborn

Winner Circle picture for Ferrari, I have race dates/locatio

Postby T-Rae » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:19 pm

These will be old pictures! 4/3/85 at Charlestown and 9/17/84 MED. The gelding is still going strong. The pictures are for sentimental reasons only. If you can help locate these pictures, it would be appreciated.

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Re: Seeking old winner's circle photos from Beulah Park &

Postby JimbleBrimble » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:55 pm

shanova wrote:1) April Fool Girl, 95, by First Patriot(84)-Remember Charm(91),
by Charming Turn(77)

*** Beulah Park, 3/16/02, Race 4

*** Beulah Park, 2/03/01, Race 8

2) R C U Later Elaine, 01, by Eastern Echo(88), Religious Colony(94),
by Cherokee Colony(85)

*** Beulah Park, 1/15/05, Race 2

***Thistledown, 12/10/2004, Race 14

If at all possible, I would like to locate and get these for an anniversary gift the first part of April.

Thank you

Shanova, you have all of the important information... now you need to contact each of the individual tracks and ask for info on how to get in touch with the "track photographer".

In a perfect world the current track photographers will have been there more than seven years, and could easily sell you winner's circle photos from each for $20 to $25.

By the way, if given a choice, I would go for the 2002 photo on April Fool Girl since she won by 5 lengths (even though it was a muddy track, she was in front all the way so wouldn't be very muddy)

As for 'Elaine... she had another win on Nov. 19, 2004, just in case you aren't aware.

For that matter April Fool Girl had six previous wins, but the last one is still best I think.

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Re: Winner Circle picture for Ferrari, I have race dates/loc

Postby JimbleBrimble » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:57 pm

T-Rae wrote:These will be old pictures! 4/3/85 at Charlestown and 9/17/84 MED. The gelding is still going strong. The pictures are for sentimental reasons only. If you can help locate these pictures, it would be appreciated.

T-Rae, you don't even say what horse this is.

No matter what, you're still going to be shooting for a needle in a haystack when wanting pictures that far back. In some cases it might be best to try to find the jockey or trainer who had the horse at the time as they might have a picture they'd be willing to copy for you.

bridlewise
2yo Maiden

Who to contact at Churchill Downs and Meadowlands for pics?

Postby bridlewise » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 am

Does anyone know where to find the contact information for the track photographers at Churchill Downs and The Meadowlands? I can't seem to find it online! Thanks!
North Dakota Horse Park
C'mon out for a "thrill a minute"!
www.hrnd.org

T-Rae
Newborn

Winner Circle picture for Ferrari, I have race dates/locatio

Postby T-Rae » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:17 pm

The horse I would like a winner circle picture of was called Ferrari. Sorry for leaving that out. The dates and locations were posted in the previous posting.