EQUIPHOTO is great! Need your winners photo? Look here!

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Fire Zone
Suckling

EQUIPHOTO is great! Need your winners photo? Look here!

Postby Fire Zone » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:27 am

If you are looking for a winners photo, make sure to contact Mr. Denver at Equiphoto.com. He's a great man and really goes all out to find your photos and if the aren't available he'll tell you why!
After many no-responses from other tracks and photographers, Mr. Denver notified me he DID have a win photo of my gelding and that the prev. photographer from other tracks was deceased and all the negatives tossed. Apparently, this is not un-common!
It only took Mr. Denver @ Equiphoto 48 hours to return my email letting me know the negative was in hand. The photo will go out by the end of the week and I should have it next week!
The only catch is you have to buy 2 photos (any mix) for the older shots because they are going back for the negatives, printing, touching etc. Not a problem, if you want one photo, you might as well have 2!! :)
Anyway, I know I saw a post asking about how the company was to work with and frankly I think they are amazing! Went well above and beyond and he said he enjoys finding the "older" photos and hearing about the wonderful families that take in these OTTB's!!!

Way to go Equiphoto!!!!!

Fire Zone
Suckling

Got my photos!

Postby Fire Zone » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:17 am

Just wanted to let everyone know the photos arrived yesterday! WoW! That was fast! Wasn't expecting them until closer to the end of the week!! I really do recommend this company!

Inyureye
Allowance Winner

Postby Inyureye » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am

Interesting. Contact information, please? And, do you know, how far back can they go to find an old photo? Hialeah?
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Fire Zone
Suckling

Equiphoto contact info

Postby Fire Zone » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Their website is Equiphoto.com and the phone number is 732-222-9333 and speak with Mr. Denver. I'm not sure how far back they go, it depends on the photographer..mine was from April 1999 - I also asked about some from 1996 but the origional photographer was deceased and so the negatives were destroyed. Mr. Denver says this is common when a photographer dies due to copywrite. Good luck!

Laura
Weanling

Postby Laura » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:33 pm

That looks like a cool website.

I wonder if EquiPhoto would be able to find races dated back to mid 1980s...? It would be so cool to have a racing pic of my horse. Or even a racing pic of her sire. Ive been searching for a long time now for racing pics of him and my horse..

~Laura~

Fire Zone
Suckling

Postby Fire Zone » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:58 am

You never know. Email them with all the information you have - of course you will need to know some win dates and racetracks and the registered name of the horse, but he will look into it and email back wether he found something or not so you aren't losing anything. :) Good luck! The win photos are great!

Laura
Weanling

No pictures for me

Postby Laura » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:13 pm

I emailed EquiPhoto asking about finding pics for my horse dated back to 1983. So i get an email back from him saying ....

* Sorry, I would not even begin to know how to get photos that far back. The photographer from Keystone, which is now Philadelphia Park, passed away a few years ago and his family did not keep the negatives.*

This stinks. So now i will never have a racing photo of my horse. :( Or even a picture of her sire.

Do you know of any other racing sites that have the same type of search for racing pics?

Thanks.

Fire Zone
Suckling

Postby Fire Zone » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:25 am

No I don't...but you might want to get a record for the horse and try contacting the owner at the time. Sometimes they have them just thrown in a box somewhere and they are willing to give them up.
Who are the horses you are looking for?