Keeneland Library questions

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

steward
Allowance Winner

Keeneland Library questions

Postby steward » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:58 pm

I am going to Keeneland library in a few months. If anybody knows:

1. Do they have access to DRF charts after 1998 when they discontinued microfiche? In other words, online or CD ROM? Also, I have to do a lot of research - do they have more than one access point for the above?

2. What about desk space? With power outlets for a DC converter for my laptop computer that I can use for hours on end, or a scarce commodity?

3. Archived photographs: easy to research and get copies, or limited?

4. Are they generally staffed to handle research requests for people there, or is it only good form for a question or two daily?

Thanks.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:03 pm

I was there recently (a few times). There are carrels available. I have seldom seen more than three or four "patrons" in the entire library at once. The librarians are capable of answering your questions about the content at the library, what they "have" is not apparent. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. Perhaps you could give them a call and they will be able to tell you if they have what you are looking for.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....