Looking for information on my mare's family!

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Limerick
Newborn

Looking for information on my mare's family!

Postby Limerick » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:51 am

Hello, I'm new here....I have owned a fiesty little bay Thoroughbred mare for the past 12 years and I'm dying of curiousity when it comes to her family.

I sought out her breeder and managed to secure a picture of her sire but I am interested in photographs of her dam and ESPECIALLY in photographs or info on ownership of a full sister.

Can anyone help me??

My mare's registered name is Amanda Bry, born 1991. Her sire is Hot Oil, by Damascus, and dam is Amelia Bry, by Watch Your Step.

My mare does have a full sister named Nan Kim Kel, born 1983. I would love to find more info on this mare or even contact the owner to see if the two horses are similiar, personality-wise, in any way.

Edit: I would like to add, my mare and her sister were both bred by Shawnee Hills Farm in Golconda, IL, if that helps any. Also, my mare is only 15 hands tall so I'm curious about the height of her dam/full sister. I know Damasus was in a small package, but he wasn't THAT small :wink:

LaTroienne
Restricted Stakes Winner

Re: Looking for information on my mare's family!

Postby LaTroienne » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:37 am

Your mare also has a bunch of half-siblings.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/progeny/amelia+bry

http://www.tsnhorse.com/samples/apx0624z.pdf

A daughter of Nan Kim Kel was bred by Nan's Fan's Partnership in IL: it sounds like they might have bred/owned Nan Kim Kel, too.

Limerick
Newborn

Postby Limerick » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:54 am

I tried googling Nan's Fan's Partnership but I can't find them....any ideas??