NEED YOUR HELP!!! BIG PROBLEM!

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

BELLARINA
2yo Maiden

NEED YOUR HELP!!! BIG PROBLEM!

Postby BELLARINA » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:50 am

Let me explain.......... :oops:

When I was 17 (2001), I got my first show horse, a bay TB mare. I was told her name Tudor Zephyrean, but no papers were with her.

So the old mare gets EPM in 2003 and she retires as a broodmare who I just pay bills on till she died in Jan. 2008. The EPM was showing signs and she slipped and tore...I just thought she was suffering, and after all I did my responsible part in caring for her through her last days.

Where is this going???? So she has a 2007 colt that I want to register and the JC sends me a letter, CAN YOU GUESS?
DNA does not match named dam.

All I have are photos. What can I do? I have been in contact w/ JC, but wanted to know if anyone here has some kind of magic they can work!

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Do you by chance have the tattoo number from the mare that died? That would probably be the only way to find out who the mare was. I know you dont have pappers on the mare but did you ever check the tattoo number and write it down somewhere? If not then i would think you cant register her to run. Just my opinion..

Vindicated
Allowance Winner

Postby Vindicated » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Have you tried calling the Jockey Club and talking to one of the Registration people?

BELLARINA
2yo Maiden

Postby BELLARINA » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:29 pm

I did call the JC, they are working to figure out this mare.

To my memory, her tattoo number was T25595, I memorized it! I was in love with her she was my first horse ever!

T25595 was Tudor Zephyrean who had NO white markings, My mare has markings so someone would have to play with these numbers. Maybe the 5 was a 8, IDK!

If you look up this mare, yes I know she is nothing on APR. In my defense, I bred her only cause she was old and I knew she was gonna die.

Vindicated
Allowance Winner

Postby Vindicated » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:31 pm

How old is the foal?
Well does the JC know the Number?
or ideas?

BELLARINA
2yo Maiden

Postby BELLARINA » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:36 pm

I think she was a 1990.
Well they are gonna play w/ those numbers and see if they can get the tattoo to match with the markings.

I know someone like a racing secretary has access to the description on the foal papers. Can do this, is anyone here a racing secretary?

I feel so DUMB! I never questioned who she was and when I was 17 all I cared about was that she could JUMP!!!

Karie
Grade III Winner

Postby Karie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:22 pm

Tudor Zephyrean shows unraced.. so its questionable that its her since she had a tattoo... ? I cant think of anything that oculd help further.. sorry.

BELLARINA
2yo Maiden

Postby BELLARINA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 am

Tudor Zephyrean had no white markings. My mare had a few markings.