Found Trainer/Owner Names...how to contact?

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

ArchDandy
Allowance Winner

Found Trainer/Owner Names...how to contact?

Postby ArchDandy » Fri May 09, 2008 11:48 am

I recently found out that my favorite horse in the whole wide world (the only one I own) has a full sister out there named Be Persistent. She has accomplished about the same on the track as her sis because both fillies were put into sprints even though they have routing and turf pedigree. I would like to offer this mare a home when shes done racing, because I doubt she will have little value to them as a broodmare because she wont be producing sprinters. Has anyone ever tried contacting an owner about a horse before? How should I go about making contact, or even where will I find contact info? any help is much appreciated.

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Be Persistent last raced on June 14, 2007 at Los Alamitos, CA.

The listed owner then was Ronald J. Hartley

The listed trainer then was John L. Cooper

Breeder Flavio J. Moreno owned the horse as recently as May, 2007 and you might contact that person for a possible line on where the mare is now. (***if, that is, you don't have any luck with the most recent listed owner)

People contact the owners of race horses all the time to see about acquiring them when their race careers are finished. Don't hesitate to express yourself and your interests completely.

Interestingly enough the main thing that mare really showed while racing was early speed. Maybe she could find just the right match to produce useful offspring.