Moonspun Magic & GALLANT MEL

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Adell
Newborn

Moonspun Magic & GALLANT MEL

Postby Adell » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:30 am

I am looking for information on these two TBs.

I have a Tb mare that is said to be out of Moonspun Magic and by Gallant Mel. She was born May 28th 2001. She didn't come with papers and I am hoping that there maybe some way to get papers, or conformation that this is her breeding.

Thanks for all your help.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:11 am

I only have the American Produce Record, so if the mare you are asking about was bred in Europe or South America, ignore my response.

According to the APR and Brisnet, Moonspun Magic is a 1988 mare by Backbencher, who never had a single foal. She may have had non-Thoroughbred foals, or TB foals who were not reported or registered, but no registered foals.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Gallant Mel (1985 by Melyno (IRE) out of a Gallant Man mare) raced 62 times earning about 450,000 with about a dozen wins. The horse was a multiple stakes winner, running from ages 2 to 6. He was retired to stud in Ontario but generated little interest with the racehorse breeders. He eventually ended up at a farm called Watsons where they bred sport horses. It is my understanding that he was very popular with those breeders since he passed on his very calm classy temperment, he was a good sized horse with a solid build. I believe he died a few years ago. I would suspect that Watsons Farm might be the breeders of your horse.