Fun Thread - TB's you currently own or have owned....

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

aallegre
Newborn

Checking in

Postby aallegre » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:36 pm

I know this thread is pretty old, but most of the horses I'd be asking about aren't active anymore so an old thread may be the best place to find out about them!

I own Sir Tes (2002) by Wild Hackett To out of Mala Lai. Since those names aren't too recognizable, grandsire is Wild Again late of Three Chimneys.

I'm just curious about any siblings, full or half- a few have come up: Taxed is the only full sibling, he actually had a racing career, Sunshinespattycake (who came up on this thread and I sent a hopeful pm to find out more), Watrals Wild Ozzie, Wild Hackett Jack and Winforme by Wild Hackett To and other half sibling was Western Image out of Mala Lai- would be a 4 yo gelding now...

King, aka Sir Tes, is such an outstanding horse I'd really love to seek out some of his relatives. I did speak the gentleman who bred him but he didn't seem to have any images of Wild Hackett To or Mala Lai.

Nothing on Equibase, either. Race reports of an unremarkable career for Taxed that ended kind of ominously with 'ridden out.'

Anyone know anything? Thanks!

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:12 am

I have now just picked up a new OTTB that has come from Florida and would love to know where his owner is. Maybe see a baby shot or something. He is only 3.

Rey of The City he is by City Place out of Scarletjewel
bred by Julio Cano and sold to Lamar Squires in March of 2012. I love this horse, just curious is all. Has a home with me for life.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am

Julio Cano raced horses as owner in Tampa this year.May be you can contact someone there.His trainer was Kaelin Forrest horse name was Cano Code ran in the 4th race on march 18 2012.Good luck
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 am

:lol: That trainer is Forrest Kaelin. Last name is Kaelin.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm

sorry for that,don't forget english is not my language,which makes me prone to be the subject of sarcasm and misundestanding....
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Nockies Reality ==
Looks just like Cutlass Reality his father. VERY VERY good dressage horse doesn't look his age

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Royally Nasty, 1986-2010 RIP

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Sylvie and Madelyn, thank you. It's interesting as that is when Rey made his way down here to Ontario.

That info that you found Sylvie, is where I was able to last track owner. But as far as I have gotten.

BritInTheHat
Newborn

Postby BritInTheHat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Here are my girls :)

Viking Tilly (Tilly) - 2001 Mare by Knight Of The Gaelics and Commox Genie
A Whale Of A Time (Ever) - 2006 Mare by Stydahar and Fabulour Flirt

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Britinthehat.... I like the first horse you have reminds me of our gelding. Do you ever get down to Montana anytime?
Karen

BritInTheHat
Newborn

Postby BritInTheHat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm

No i still have never been :( i will one day :)

Ivy
Newborn

Postby Ivy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 pm

I have owned a TB called Lots of Slots for almost 20 years now. By Bet Big. I got her for Dressage and she did it for awhile but she loved it when my niece trained her for the Hunter/Jumpers. Esp the jumpers....... When I had to retire her at 20 she had done all the above plus some eventing, and trail riding. At 20 she broke her P1, a freak thing the Vet who took care of her said. She was pretty sound till then and still jumping. She is now 24 and nice to have around. She really could have been a add for getting a TB.

alyssamaas
Newborn

Postby alyssamaas » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 pm

I have a 1994 gelding raced as Stan the Man in Washington State. He's by Welcome Dan Sur who won a couple of handicap races in WA. Would be interested to see if anyone knows anything about him, I got him 5 years ago in horrible shape at a rescue and don't know any of his history other than he raced once as a two year old. His name is JJ now and we do dressage...

I'd post a photo but honestly they need to get up to date with the times and make it easier to post because the whole [img]thing%20is%20impossible!%20I%20can't%20for%20the%20life%20of%20me%20figure%20it%20out.[/img][/url]

Sailor Kenshin
Starters Handicap

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:16 am

Here are the tags:

You can type them or make a macro. The url of your image goes in the middle, with any extra spaces removed,
Somebody bet on the gray!

steward
Allowance Winner

Postby steward » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm

alyssamaas wrote:I have a 1994 gelding raced as Stan the Man in Washington State. He's by Welcome Dan Sur who won a couple of handicap races in WA. Would be interested to see if anyone knows anything about him, I got him 5 years ago in horrible shape at a rescue and don't know any of his history other than he raced once as a two year old. His name is JJ now and we do dressage...

I'd post a photo but honestly they need to get up to date with the times and make it easier to post because the whole [img]thing%20is%20impossible!%20I%20can't%20for%20the%20life%20of%20me%20figure%20it%20out.[/img][/url]

According to Equibase, "Stan the Man" had one lifetime start at Yakima Meadows (on May 26, 1996). He finished fourth in a MSW field of nine, wearing saddlecloth number 6 and starting from the 5 slot. He was only 5 3/4 lengths from the winner, and garnered $441 for his effort. He was "wide throughout" and he moved up late in order to get there. 16 to 1 odds, and against four other who had previous outings.

Not bad, JJ.