Can anyone help me?

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Libera
Newborn

Can anyone help me?

Postby Libera » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to find out my horses identity. I can't read the letter on his tattoo, but the numbers are 36652 (although the 2 I'm only 90% sure about).

I ran the numbers with every letter of the alphbet, and I got 3 possibles.

1. Majeski, 1992 gelding, V36652. Dam: Madam Ski, sire: Northern Majesty, breeder: Joseph Czyzewski & Virginia Baird Czyzewski, OH

2. Lamp, 1993 gelding, W36652. Dam: Halo Glow, breeder: Melvin C. Larson

3. Moon Cat, 1989 gelding, S36652. Dam: Satis Superque, breeder: R. Mike Gilliam

That is all the info I have. I know the last one is not very likely, also because the gap in age, but my horses teeth don't give me much information.
He was sold to me about a year ago as Magic Carpet, 10yrs old, but I don't think that is his name, as the tattoo doesn't match. So I'm not sure of his age.

I am hoping to contact one of the breeders, or find the trainers, and have them confirm by the markings. Or just find out the horses markings.

Anyone that can help me?

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 pm

The Jockey Club can help with partial tattoo research, too. :) You can fill out a form with the markings & cowlicks, to get a better match.

I believe this is it:
https://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/registry.cfm?page=dotRegistryHelpDeskTattooEmail

If that doesn't work, try calling their help desk.

Good luck!

Libera
Newborn

Postby Libera » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi thank you for your reply!

I did send a request in, but haven't heard anything back...

I did figure out that 2 of those horses were bred in CA, where I got mine, so those are more likely to be a match. Majeski was not bred in CA.