Rare note

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

equestriandynamo
Maiden Special Weight

Rare note

Postby equestriandynamo » Mon May 18, 2009 6:29 am

I'm posting this for a friend who hasnt yet been able to have their account activated here, she is looking for the finish photos of his past races.
Does she have to contact the track or photographer?
or can she find them elsewhere?
She did get the lifesheet Lucy but i think she is interested in finding the pictures another way.. er... anyway:

"these are all the ones he won...

March 15, 2003 - Race 1 - Suffolk Down
June 22, 2002 - Race 4 - Calder Race Course
April 16, 2002 - Race 6 - Tampa Bay Downs
February 4, 2001 - Race 2 - Oaklawn Park
Januray 21, 2001 - Race 2 - Remington Park
October 14, 2000 - Race 4 - Remington Park
March 22, 2000 - Race 1 - Oaklawn Park
February 19, 2000 - Race 6 - Remington Park

these are all the ones he placed...

May 4, 2002 - Race 12 - Tampa Bay Downs
November 26, 2000 - Race 8 - Remington Park
July 4, 2000 - Race 4 - Canterbury Park
June 4, 2000 - Race 7 - Canterbury Park"

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Mon May 18, 2009 11:39 am

She should call the racetrack and ASK for the photographer. She will be buying the photos directly from the photographer, not the racetrack, but they all have an office at the tracks. If by some chance, she already knows the name and city of the photographers for each track, she could bypass calling the track and contact them directly.

I've never known a photographer that didn't keep all of his photos, so she should be able to secure them for about $20 apiece with the details that you have listed, unless he's had a catastrophe with his files.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

equestriandynamo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby equestriandynamo » Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 am

majxmom wrote:She should call the racetrack and ASK for the photographer. She will be buying the photos directly from the photographer, not the racetrack, but they all have an office at the tracks. If by some chance, she already knows the name and city of the photographers for each track, she could bypass calling the track and contact them directly.

I've never known a photographer that didn't keep all of his photos, so she should be able to secure them for about $20 apiece with the details that you have listed, unless he's had a catastrophe with his files.

thank you very much majxmom!