Info on offspring of Lodeve

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

NiteOwl666
Yearling

Info on offspring of Lodeve

Postby NiteOwl666 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the current whereabouts (or last known location, or who I might be able to contact) and/or where I could possibly find photos (if any) of the horses below - all are out of the mare Lodeve (1972 - Shoemaker x Locust Time). I've included bits of information I've found that might help. Any racing info (where/when) can be found on their pedigree pages. I don't expect much on the mares, but all 6 of her sons went to stud, including some with notable wins and/or sales prices.

Space Of Time (1977 Timeless Moment)
Last sold at public auction at 1988 Kee Nov (#534) to Forenaghts Stud in Ireland. Last reported foal - 1995.

Doubling Time (1979 Timeless Moment)
Last sold at public auction - 97 FTI Dec (Fasig?) (#74) to Triple Joy Farms. Last reported foal - 1999.

Helpless Haze (1981 Vaguely Noble)
Last sold publicly - 94 Deauville Dec (#213) to France Pur Sang. Last reported foal - 1995

Baillamont (1982 Blushing Groom)
Sold for 725k in 83 Kee Jul (#69). Multiple Group 1 winner in France. Bris said he was sent to France in 1987, then sent to Japan in 1990. (Although on a recent check, that info is no longer listed).

Magnet Cove (1984 Exclusive Native)
Sold for 200k to Loblolly Stable at 85 Kee Sep (#632). Last raced in 91. Bris said sent to Peru in 93.

Lazaz (1985 Blushing Groom)
Sold for $1.05 million to Darley at 86 Kee Jul (#226). Last raced in the U.S. in 91. Found a couple lists that showed him standing at Pegasus Ranch in CA in 2001 & 2002. A list of leading CA sires released in early 06 says "Died" Tried getting a hold of Darley, no luck yet.

Chesapeak Sound (1986 Blushing Groom)
RNA for $275k at 87 Kee Jul (#191). Last offered at auction 90 FT Oct - RNA $15k, consigned by Heatherwood Farm. According to Bris, sent to Australia in 1992. They have him listed in an online database of their studs, but you have to subscribe to see any details besides his name

Slew Maker (1987 Seattle Slew)
Sold for $700k to Centennial Farms at 88 FT Aug (#148). According to a sales page for another horse he is noted as going to stud...information added to his page (not by me) states he is deceased.

Ashdown (1989 Seattle Slew)
Sold for $235k to Loblolly Stable at 90 Kee Jul (#181). Info added to his page (not by me) states he went to stud at Rojan Farm in NY in 94 & at some point was sent to Getaway Thoroughbred Farm in CA and was pensioned in 2005.

As I said, any help whether it be possible places to find photos, information on the whereabouts or contact information for people that might know, is greatly appreciated.

:) Ashley
Last edited by NiteOwl666 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NiteOwl666
Yearling

Postby NiteOwl666 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 am

Haha had a light bulb go on in my head (ok, so it was a suggestion from my brother) but he mentioned Barbara Livingston's website - I found an album of Getaway's 2004 stallions, with a photo of Ashdown :D I'll have to go through later and see if there are any other hidden gems on her site.

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:54 pm

I own a nice Lazaz mare named Time on Target that made $194k. She was also a full sister to a gelding named Donner that was a small stakes winner, and sold as a jumper for $25,000. I think Lazaz was a heckuva nice stud. He looked a lot like Blushing Groom. They liked him a lot at Pegasus but Tom Bachman is a strict man of business, and he only advertised him a tiny amount, usually just a one inch square picture at the bottom of the page for other Pegasus stallions. When he didn't get any mares, they stopped doing even that. They used Lazaz as a teaser at Pegasus and let him breed a few mares, and got several nice runners out of very common (but win-producing) mares. I actually wanted to breed to him, but I hated to pay $1000 for an unadvertised teaser, so I very nicely asked Mr. Bachman if he would give me any consideration since he could see that I brought him some breeders fees with TOT (much more than $1000), and he would likely make some again. He actually laughed in my face. Nice fellow. He had also made a remark right after I put her in the trailer when I bought her as a yearling from the sale: "That's the last I'll ever see of that filly." She only had eight wins. After two deadly insults, I wasn't about to sign a breeding contract for any Pegasus stallion.

Pegasus sold out and closed down just about the same time Lazaz disappeared. It's logical to think that they put him down when they bugged out. Before he laughed at me, Bachman said that he LOVED Lazaz quite enthusiastically, so I hope that he wasn't just sold to slaughter and declared dead at the JC.

I might have a small picture of Lazaz somewhere that I saved from when TOT was a yearling. If I can find it, I'll scan it for you.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

NiteOwl666
Yearling

Postby NiteOwl666 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for sharing that and the possibility of seeing a photo. Sounds like Tom was a real nice guy to deal with :roll:

I found a leading CA sire's list on B-H - results were through Dec 31 of 04 - stated that he "Died" - although another stallion, Helmsman, was listed as standing at Pegasus. But as you said he just seemed to disappear.