Info. on Hollywood Park track pony...

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Info. on Hollywood Park track pony...

Postby erhrdt3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:59 pm

I have been watching TVG most of the day on Saturdays and noticed this gorgeous track pony that is at Hollywood Park. Wondering if anyone out there knows about him..

He looks like a cross between a pinto and an appaloosa, and is very colorful, but what really attracts me to him is his very nice step when he walks. He arches his neck, and his front two legs look like he is kinda 'high stepping' a bit. (hard to explain)

does anyone out there know about this horse? he looks like he would be one heck of a nice riding horse, and you can tell he loves his job!

thanks!
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Havent noticed that horse, but will look for him now!... Have you noticed the white MULE pony horse... I think at Turfway Park?
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

Standing in 2010: www.foxtalestud.com
CAPITANO
RUBIYAT
SMART GUY

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi foxtale,

yes, I believe I did see that white pony mule you are talking about. I hear they make great riding, reliable, and sound horses/mules/etc. I just watched something on tv this past weekend, and this guy had a couple of mules that were half Belgian horse, and he said he would not trade them for any amount of money! I think he called them Jack and Jill, and they even won a pulling contest, then went back to helping him in his logging business!

I know this is off topic, but I have for the past couple minutes been trying to find the stallion Pioneering's stallion page, and I can't get it to show up. Do you know what happened? I know they were selling alot of Overbrook stock, but do you know if Pioneering was sold to another farm, hopefully in Kentucky somewhere? Thanks!! :D

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 am

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... source=rss

Seems he was sold to Brazil... sorry!

Pioneering, 93, Mr. Prospector—Terlingua, by Secretariat. Haras Castelo, Bage, RX, Brazil. Phone: (55) (21) 7834.3303. Email: [email protected]

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 pm

OH CRUD!!

Brazil?!?! What the heck?!

Thanks for the info. I've always wanted to go to Brazil to sightsee but never want to bring my horse along with me! LOL

I can't believe he didn't get taken to a KY farm since there were so many sires either being pensioned or passing away in 2009.

Thanks again for the info. I noticed on your website you have Request For Parole on it, are you the breeders of him, or is he coming to your farm? Great website, by the way, and your farm looks just gorgeous!
:D

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 am

Thanks for the comments on our site...

We did not own, breed or race him, just stood him. RFP stood here in 2009 and 2008, we have several of his now yearlings here. ( they are registered PA breds and are for sale... :wink: )

We were successful in shuttling him to Argentina for his owners ( owned & raced him since he was 2yrs old) where he bred 50 mares his first season! He was the first stallion from PA ever to do so...

He did well here, his first year , but the second year he did not, and covered more than 50 mares in Arg his second season there, so he is staying there for the next 3 yrs, until foals start to run. It is very expensive to ship them back and forth. He may be back in the US one day.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:42 pm

many years ago i ponied with a mule,he was great...would love to get another one.
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:50 pm

I would love to have one as well :D Maybe a spotted one.

walaa
Starters Handicap

spotted mule

Postby walaa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

here is a very pretty spotted mule for you :D Image

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 am

erhrdt3 wrote:OH CRUD!!

Brazil?!?! What the heck?!

Thanks for the info. I've always wanted to go to Brazil to sightsee but never want to bring my horse along with me! LOL

I can't believe he didn't get taken to a KY farm since there were so many sires either being pensioned or passing away in 2009......

Pioneering stood in KY at Overbrook Farm from 1998 through 2009, as was stated in the article.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Circling back to the mule part of this thread, a few years ago I was in Red Bluff, CA. They have a little rodeo there that they put on annually, and there is a half-mile track around the rodeo arena. So they dig up the ground and run 5 or so races for $1000 purse (no pari-mutuel). I was hanging out in the barn area, when I noticed a lady mounted on a mule next to me. A stall door was hanging open, and she very nicely side-passed over and closed it with him. Then she side-passed back. So I commented to her how nicely he was trained, and she modestly told me that he had won a dressage class, and an endurance race, AND won a 220 yd mule race there the day before. That was some mule.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

walaa... thanks for the photo... he is awesome!

majxmom... that is an AMAZING story!

walaa
Starters Handicap

pretty mules

Postby walaa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Another pretty mule for you :D Image

walaa
Starters Handicap

big mule

Postby walaa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:43 pm

And, supposedly, the worlds tallest mule. "Shorty" and me :D Image:D