Info: "A Whale Of A Time" 6 Year old Bay Mare Sire

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

BritInTheHat
Newborn

Info: "A Whale Of A Time" 6 Year old Bay Mare Sire

Postby BritInTheHat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello fellow members! I just bought this mare from another lady, she has none of her original registration papers from the Jockey Club or The Canadian Thoroughbred Registration. I already own another Thoroughbred so knew what to have in posession when the horse exchanges hands. I was wondering if anyone knew who bred her, where she was bred and who her previous owners were. All i have is that she went to a racetrack (don't know which one - assuming Edmonton) as she was purchased and resided around Red Deer Alberta. A lady bought her off the track when she proved to not have what it takes as she has no track record. She has no idea who she got her from and apparently has no bill of sale which scares me a bit. Then she sold her to one of her students, who i bought her from and she never knew she needed these documents either. So really at this point I am looking for any information I can get before we apply for new documents from the Jockey Club etc. Thank you so much everyone!

BritInTheHat
Newborn

Postby BritInTheHat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:18 pm

This is her - if it sparks peoples memory

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Bred by Nelson Bunker Hunt in Kentucky on Feb. 23, 2006.

Does she have a lip tattoo??? Beginning with the letter "J", hopefully??

Indeed she never raced, but did have a couple of official workouts at Northlands Park (Edmonton) in May and June of 2009.

Sadly no trainer was listed with the workouts, and they were pretty slow...

She was entered in a sale in January of 2007, but did not meet her reserve there.

Hope this helps.

BritInTheHat
Newborn

Postby BritInTheHat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 am

Ohh wow thank you so much! Did you used to own her? Yes she has a tatoo but i haven't looked to get the number yet but i will get it this weekend and will let you know :)