Colonial Native (Previous Owners/History)

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Fiddlestix2
Newborn

Colonial Native (Previous Owners/History)

Postby Fiddlestix2 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:53 am

I'm searching for background/information on Colonial Native, foaled 3/6/98, by Colonial Affair, out of Native Hula. Born in Kentucky, bred by Pam duPont, LLC. Registered by The Jockey Club. Raced in Retama, Houston, Mountaineer, Thistledown.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

don't know what you're looking for... please explain

Postby JimbleBrimble » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:29 pm

You know most of the places where he raced...

he won 11/26/2001 at Retama

1/9/2002 at Sam Houston

and 11/8/2002 at Sam Houston

Original trainer was Amos Laborde, in Texas

Fiddlestix2
Newborn

Colonial Native

Postby Fiddlestix2 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:01 am

Thank you, JimbleBrimble, for your reply. I appreciate knowing the info you provided. I'd like to contact his owners/trainer(s) to see if they can give me any insight into his behavior/personality (likes/dislikes) -- I notice a distinct "dislike" to grooming -- he's also not fond of any bit I'm using -- he puts his tongue out of the side of his mouth and continuously fusses w/the bit. Any tips or special words they may have used when training him. He's an absolutely gorgeous horse, dark bay-17hh, he's been bought & sold at least 7 times over the last 7 years; I want him to know he now has a "home". It would be nice to hear some stories about his past. Again, I thank you for your time.