381 days now.....

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

foothillsequine
Allowance Winner

Postby foothillsequine » Sun May 31, 2009 7:54 pm

Anything yet? Hope you had a good weekend away!
~Dare to Dream~

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 am

Surely to goodness she has foaled already for you???

Hopefully she has and you just arent home yet to let us all know ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Colt born on June 2nd. 400 days exactly If I added right. Will get pics when I see it for myself LOL! Just got home. Awwww sun and fun!

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Thank God, baby made it here in one piece. Can't wait to see what he looks like, hope he make it interesting.
Last edited by Nessa on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nu

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Colt born on June 2nd. 400 days exactly If I added right. Will get pics when I see it for myself LOL! Just got home. Awwww sun and fun!

Hey you can wean him next week.... Congrats!!

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 am

Congrats! Our last mare to foal went 381 days before foaling... that's one contest I'll gladly lose to you and your mare! :wink:
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Wow! Congrats, look forward to pictures :)
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Bedouwia
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Bedouwia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:03 pm

I keep reading this hoping for pictures? Hope all is well and worth the wait.

Bedouwia

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 pm

I actually got the first photos from the vet this morning and am going to take new ones this weekend. Ill get the baby pics posted then LOL! Sorry!

He is a colt, foaled June 2nd. He was actually a small foal, 85 pounds. Not sure why she went so long and why he was small. I guess Mother Nature knew he needed to cook longer. The mare went through the Potomac Horse Fever treatment of meds after contracting it in September. DOnt know if this affected anything.

He is quite the little cutie. His first day out with the other 2 mares and foals he was introducing himself to Pistol, wanting to play. No fear in this guy! I call him Finni, short for Finnigan. It suits him. He is BRIGHT chestnut with a blaze and 2 hind stockings.

Will post those pics this weekend!

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Skipitgirl wrote:I actually got the first photos from the vet this morning and am going to take new ones this weekend. Ill get the baby pics posted then LOL! Sorry!

He is a colt, foaled June 2nd. He was actually a small foal, 85 pounds. Not sure why she went so long and why he was small. I guess Mother Nature knew he needed to cook longer. The mare went through the Potomac Horse Fever treatment of meds after contracting it in September. DOnt know if this affected anything.

He is quite the little cutie. His first day out with the other 2 mares and foals he was introducing himself to Pistol, wanting to play. No fear in this guy! I call him Finni, short for Finnigan. It suits him. He is BRIGHT chestnut with a blaze and 2 hind stockings.

Will post those pics this weekend!

I've heard that foals that take over long to get here tend to be on the small side. Glad to hear that he's doing well and Finni is a perfect name, as Fini means the end.
Nu