wow are we shocked!!!

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

tammysinnett
Starters Handicap

wow are we shocked!!!

Postby tammysinnett » Sat May 23, 2009 4:07 am

Bred our darkbay stallion to a darkbay mare (clients ) he has produced bay or dark bay all his breeding years with TBs. Client just sent us a pic of colt born just a few hours in this pic...wow....shocked all of us!!! guess he wanted to look like his grandpa Greeley???

Ilove him already...wow....they say in real life he is the lightest chestnut ....wow....still in shock .....

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:29 am

what a cutie! Congrats!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 am

LOL Been there! I worked at an arab breeding farm years ago and they bred a dark bay mare to a WC western pleasure dark bay stallion. Out came Lexi....chestnut with flaxen main and tail and four stockings and a blaze. Needless to say, they wondered about a fence jumper LOL! She was registered as BE Skorlottasocks

tammysinnett
Starters Handicap

there is always a hope and a dream

Postby tammysinnett » Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 am

There are always hopes and dreams of every stallion owner mare owner etc. So the day I decided to try breeding Summit Climber was the day GG won the Illinois Derby. Yes it is a long shot...but I have always kept a dream. With all his dark bays that he has produced I always said when he gets a chestnut like GG (Greeley's Galaxy) maybe we will get an Illinois Derby winner. I know it is a dream but I figured if Mr.Greeley Sums dad could give us one just maybe so could Sum.....then came this guy....It's a dream....but this Lil guy has every ounce of me routing for him. I guess what I was trying to say is that the first chestnut would be a sign....we have our sign....good luck to the owners. I too thought of the milkman, jumping fence etc....but Sum was the only stallion that was on property...so I guess we will chalk it up as a sign :wink: Here's to Dreams may you all have them. :lol:

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sun May 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Here are a couple of names for the little guy Greeley's Dream, Summit's Hope, and the one I like the most Greeley's Omen :wink: . I hope he fulfills all of your dreams for him.
Nu

Monsun
Yearling

Postby Monsun » Mon May 25, 2009 8:04 am

How about "Greeley's Mark"