Foals of 2009 PICTURES

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:52 am

Great Pics! Are the Indy Moods racing yet?

tammysinnett
Starters Handicap

Postby tammysinnett » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:10 am

lizzardblizzard filly I love the look in her eye..its almost like you can fall right in they are so inviting. I have heard the eyes are the secrets of racers...I am going with her even though the filly you say is the boss of the pack has that look in her eye. They are all beautiful and I would be pleased to own any............congrats.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:35 am

dray33 wrote:I'm VERY partial to the Private Lap and out of Beatrix. Wowza!

I think she is the PERFECT filly for you to get your feet wet in the Indiana program with... :wink:

zinn21 wrote:Are the Indy Moods racing yet?

Yep, they've been running for several years. They are, as a rule, rather late maturing, but stay sound. They are typically very smart. Most like distance.

The Private Lap babies you see here are part of his first crop, so it will be a few years before we know if they can run as well as their daddy did. :)
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 pm

OK... tried again with the pictures. Note to self: Do NOT try to get pictures on a sunny, hot day with flies because the foals all stick their heads in their moms' tails and refuse to pose nicely! :evil:

Anyway, I did manage to get a couple of shots that weren't horrible. First, the Private Lap / Beulahsvictorysong colt. I do like these pictures better than the first round taken of him. Judging by his head, he may be as dark as his daddy once he loses his baby fuzz!

And:

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Next, an updated photo of the Private Lap / Shesasassiedancer filly. She is 3 1/2 weeks old now... and she would not get her head out of her mom's tail:

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 pm

And finally, an updated picture of the Indy Mood / Polo On Sunday filly (AKA Missy Long Legs.) She is 3 weeks old now:

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Looks like Indy Mood stamps a white blaze on his babies. Are these exceptions or the rule?

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 am

zinn21 wrote:Looks like Indy Mood stamps a white blaze on his babies. Are these exceptions or the rule?

Indy Mood has sired babies of all bling levels. :lol: As a general rule, his chestnut babies tend to be more blingy than his bay or gray offspring, from what I've seen.

Our blingy babies this year are out of the blingy dams, so I really think the maternal DNA is the culprit. Lizard Blizzard is a sabino chestnut; 4 whites, full blaze, the whole deal. Polo On Sunday is a chestnut with bling, and so is Beatrix. They had the blingy babies.

Beulahsvictorysong and Shesasassiedancer are non-blingy, bay mares, and they didn't throw any white on their foals. Private Lap is dark as night with no white too, so those two really didn't have much of a chance for bling. However, since that Beatrix filly is by Private Lap, and she's chestnut and blingy, we can DEFINITELY attribute that to Beatrix. :wink:

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Bling is nice - but so are plain brown wrappers :) Nice foals!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 am

Yeah...I actually find that faces w/o any white markings tend to be beautiful. Brings out the eyes.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development