Introducing... Foaltrack!

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Roguelet

Introducing... Foaltrack!

Postby Roguelet » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

I want to introduce everyone to foaltrack (foaltrack.com) "A new social site for thoroughbreds and the people who love them." On foaltrack, you can post photos of your horses and other people's horses, and follow the growth and development of any horse you like.

Become a member (it's free) and track any thoroughbred on the site, whether it's a yearling or two year-old, at the track, at the sales, or retired to the farm. It's a place for thoroughbred breeders, owners, stallion farms, consignors, buyers, sales companies and fans to interact, mix it up, and “get a peek behind the curtain.” It's all run by our very own dray33.

Sunday night, Aug 9th, foaltrack will have every horse at the Saratoga Select Sale online for our viewing pleasure! Feel free to link to and from foaltrack right here on pedigreequery.com, and comment on any horse. New foals can be announced here, in this section of our site.

Also, foaltrack is having it's first "Guess The Sire" shootout. If you guess right (it's fairly easy) you are entered to win. One winner will be chosen (from those who guess correctly) for the Grand Prize of $500 dollars!

So join, post your pictures, track your favorite yearlings, weanlings, horses of racing age and retired horses. Follow horses. Have fun. If you have any questions, you can PM dray33 here on our forum.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:02 pm

what an awesome idea---thanks dray33!!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks toccet! Please everyone, take a shot at the Shootout. $500 bucks ain't nothin' to sneeze at! :wink: Going to Saratoga tomorrow to meet the photographers, the horses should begin loading Friday or Saturday!

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:52 pm

At least for me and any other technology challenged, may I get some directions of how it works? I followed the links, and saw the pictures, but couldn't find the shootout. (Wonderful pictures, by the way). Any help will be very appreciated.

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:01 am

George: On the home page ( http://www.foaltrack.com ) is a western looking poster/graphic that says "Guess the Sire Shootout". Click it. If you want to take a guess, sign up to post a comment. That's it! Let me know if you have any other questions.

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 am

As announced on foaltrack.com: Today at 10:00 we relaunch with new design and new functionality: we have linked our foal-tracking to the Equibase Virtual Stable, so now when you track any young horse (including sales horses) on foaltrack, the horse is automatically entered into your Equibase Virtual Stable. That means automatically, you will get updates (workouts, race entries, etc) for all your sales horses and young'uns once they hit the track! Free, of course :wink:

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:54 am

The new site looks AMAZING! Excellent job! :)

"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks!!!! Over the next 7-10 days, we are fixing some stuff, and adding every major sale from 2010. And adding images too.

aethervox
Allowance Winner

Suggestion

Postby aethervox » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:29 am

As a user who wants to track horses of interest to me, one feature I would suggest is an easy way to get to the horses you are tracking when you are logged in (maybe a link next to the 'go to my profile' link at the top of the page).

That way people won't have to click on the go to my profile link, then click on the 'horses I track' link or hit the back button after looking at a horse they are tracking.

Just a thought.

soft hearted
Maiden Special Weight

Can I ask for one more thing?

Postby soft hearted » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm busy looking for a foal (either unnamed or just don't KNOW the name yet) of a certain mare and stallion. I know the foal exists, has been born and is still alive, but either hasn't hit the track yet, or won't until next year.
But. I don't know his NAME.
Is there a way to enter in the mare's name and have all her progeny pop up? Or am I missing something already there and obvious?
Thanks. sorry if it's a dumb question. :oops:

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:39 am

Soft hearted - have you checked the jockey club site to see if the foal has been named yet? If you post the dam's name and the foals year of birth I will look it up for you if you cannot. ;) All the best!
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]