Name Game

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Which name would you name our colt?

Spoon River Mourn
8%
Babylon Bend
31%
Sum Bootiful Morn
8%
Fulton County
23%
Tuckyho
23%
Remember Whin (country song Remember When)
8%
Pedigree Thoroughbred memebers idea
No votes

Total votes: 13

tammysinnett
Starters Handicap

Name Game

Postby tammysinnett » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Well you named my boy last year so here we go again....help!!!! I will give you as much info as I can think of....Dam Booties(seattle morn, overshoe), Sire Summit Climber(mr.greeley, peak). Full sibling raced as a two year old last year and hit the boards his second try.... Greeleys Fortune.( I didnt name him). We have had three other foals born on the farm before our 2010 colt we are talking about. They have all had the theme of the word SUM...(nickname of my stallion)...Sum Bad Cat, Sum Day Sum May and Gotta Get SUm...but they all had the same dam. My Husband and I lost our fathers this year....they happen to be very good friends sharing the same interest in hunting, country living,arrow head searching. We thought about naming this colt to honor them...my dad was Ronald Claude Sorrells (Tuckyho nickname) and my father in law Clarence Eugene Sinnett (JR>nickname) We live in an area that has the following landmarks, Babylon Bridge, Lime kil hill, Spoon River, Tater Hollar, Seven Hills, Checkrow....Please I want it to be a special name...my father and father in law are so greatley missed....here is a pic of the foal at two hours old...it doesnt show but he is as big as his brother was and his brother stands 17h at 3 yrs old. Thankyou for any help anyone could offer ....sorry I wrote a book...

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Why not name him J.R. Tuckyho or Eugene Claude? Okay how about Arrow Hunter, Snowshoe Runner, Spoon River Run, Sum Gotta Run, Honor Thy Fathers, and Lime Kil Hill seems just fine.
Nu

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Or how about "Sum Fathers"
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

aethervox
Allowance Winner

Postby aethervox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 am

I'll second J.R. Tuckyho

If you want to keep 'sum' in the name: Sum JR Tuckyho

foothillsequine
Allowance Winner

Postby foothillsequine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:03 am

I really like "honor thy fathers". (I hope I spelled that right) Good luck with the name game!
~Dare to Dream~

drewsbadboy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby drewsbadboy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:42 am

I like J.R. Tuckyho also. He's a beautiful boy! Good luck with him! :)