Going Crazy Waiting!!!

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Sunday Rider
Allowance Winner

Going Crazy Waiting!!!

Postby Sunday Rider » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 pm

deleted
Last edited by Sunday Rider on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Re: Going Crazy Waiting!!!

Postby LB » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Sunday Rider wrote:We have a maidian mare. She is a Chesnut Gray special breed by a top breeder in Nothern Va. Named Mike Rowe. Her name is Hollywood Square from the Condus white line.The sire is a warmblood half brother of the world famous jumpers Shutterfly His name is Silvio. He is a chesnut with 4 white socks and a full blaze. We want a gray sooooo bad !!! What do you think our chances are??? Can you tell at birth it's a Gray??? Holly is going into her 13th month......can't wait, can't wait!!!!! Should be any day now....I'm going nuts:)

It's unclear to me what color your mare is. I don't know what 'chestnut grey" means. If she is chestnut and the sire is chestnut, then the foal will be chestnut. If your mare is grey, then the foal has a 50/50 chance of turning grey, unless the mare is homozygous for grey in which case the foal will also be grey. Yes, you can usually tell at birth if a foal will go grey.

If your mare is going into her 13th month of pregnancy, then she's already been in foal for quite a bit longer than average. Are you sure of her cover date?

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:47 pm

You can tell if the foal will be grey at birth. The foal will either be black at birth (which indicates a grey) or bay or chestnut with tell-tale grey around their eyes or muzzle. Good luck!
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Sunday Rider
Allowance Winner

Postby Sunday Rider » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 am

Our mare is gray with very small specks of chesnut "freckels" some people call her a "flea bitten" gray. Her cover date was March 23 rd so, it should be soon:) Thank you for the how to tell it's a gray info:)

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 am

Your foal is probably going to come out with a saddle and rider on his back he'll be so mature :lol:
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Sunday Rider
Allowance Winner

Postby Sunday Rider » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am

I'm thinking a big Easter Bunny will pop out all white and pink nosed on Easter Sunday
Last edited by Sunday Rider on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunday Rider
Allowance Winner

Postby Sunday Rider » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am

OK I'm the April fool today :oops: Due to our mare not bagging up et, I called the breeded today :oops: We took her there on MARCH 23 due to her not coming around she didn't get covered unit MAY 15!!!! :oops: :oops: I could just die :oops:

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Sunday Rider wrote:OK I'm the April fool today :oops: Due to our mare not bagging up et, I called the breeded today :oops: We took her there on MARCH 23 due to her not coming around she didn't get covered unit MAY 15!!!! :oops: :oops: I could just die :oops:

Well at least you don't have to worry about how overdue she is. :wink: