First foal 2011. "Officer Cherrie x Bernardini"

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks everyone! I am thrilled with her!!!

Officer Cherrie and her Bernardini filly will be heading to Kentucky this coming week. Cherrie is going to be bred to Tapit this year.

Licktey Lemon is also heading to Kentucky and will be bred to Congrats!

ANDDDD, the two yearlings (Officer Cherrie x Tinow and Lickety Lemon x More Than Ready) are also heading to Kentucky to get use to the weather there and soon to be prepared for the yearling sales this summer/fall.

What an exciting time! I will miss them all but will see them in July on my trip to the Kentucky Horse Park with my other Thoroughbred stallion, Sato. Sato has been made into a Breyer model!!! Maybe one of the race horses I bred will be a Breyer model too one day :wink:
Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Sounds awesome! Good luck with it all!

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:52 pm

A safe trip for mares and foals. They are certainly visiting some very nice stallions :)

Congratulations on Sato as well!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:55 am

Congrats on all of the good news :)
We had a lovely Tapit colt a few years ago. He was the last foal for Daisy and what an impressive foal he was! I hope to watch him race as a 2 year old this year. Wish I could afford to get to him now :o Do you breed any of your mares locally?
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:49 am

They ALL left yesterday morning and are heading back to Hopewell Farm again. I took some pictures but they turned out horrible because of the nasty weather we were having.

The WHOLE family went on one truck! Lickety Lemon and her 2010 More Than Ready colt, Offcer Cherrie, her Bernadini 20111 fill and her 2010 Tiznow colt...

Here is Officer Cherrie and her Bernardini filly. Sorry for the crappy picture but it was the best I could do with the weather.

And no we do not breed any of our mares to local stallions. I would LOVE to! But the caliber of stallions we are looking for usually end up standing in Kentucky...

And Joltman... We purchased Officer Cherrie before her racing career. We raced her and then kept her on as our first broodmare. We certainly do like her female family!! Besides the bloodlines, what is nice about it, is that it is still quite young and active so new winners can pop up at any time.
Last edited by BlazingColours on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join us on FACEBOOK

MINNOW
Allowance Winner

Postby MINNOW » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 am

Wow that filly certainly has grown,so funny you are shipping all that way to Kentucky to breed,and we are getting lot's of mares shipping hear from Kentucky to breed to three time Canadian champion Judith's wild Rush. Who is just around the corner.
The Ontario Stallion Program is well worth the drive. :) :) :)
All gave some,
some gave all

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 am

She sure has :D

Well that is good for you guys Minnow.

For us... we are breeding for marketability as yearlings in the select sales. So with breeding to sell for that market we use different stallions than if we were breeding to race them ourselves here in Ontario.

Join us on FACEBOOK

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 am

Wow - she really is a phenominal looking filly!
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 am

Wow, that filly is stunning! Best of luck with them!

MINNOW
Allowance Winner

Postby MINNOW » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 am

Yes I understand,but i see that snow that beautiful mum and baby the long trip and you know me a regular worry wort.
All gave some,

some gave all