Swain-Cuanto Es (Exbourne), colt *pics*

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Swain-Cuanto Es (Exbourne), colt *pics*

Postby AscotStud » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Cuanto foaled a nice colt with a big blaze this morning...16 days late to kick off our foaling season. Not sure if she will be bred back to Naughty New Yorker or Aljabr, but we are glad to get a Swain from her in his last crop, hopefully The little boy follows in The family tradition and turns into a turf monster like his daddy and aunt Honey Ryder...his momma could run a little on The grass too. Pics up soon
Last edited by AscotStud on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
too weird to live...too rare to die
www.ascotstudfarm.com

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Congratulations!

One of our mares had a colt from Swain's first crop and he was a turf monster too. I hope your guy follows suit.

Zahrah
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Zahrah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Congrats! Loved Swain.

I have the two year old half-sister to your mare, Vesper Lynd. She's headed to Al Stall next month. It's a great page and family!

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks LB and Zahrah. Congrats on your foal Zahrah, Radiant Ring was one of The first horses i really kept Track of when i was a kid. A lot of depth in that family and i think Arch is a great addition to it. Best of luck with your 2 year old, Cuanto's family has been pretty active in The past 12 months, hopefully it continues to do so.

www.ascotstudfarm.com

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Image[/list]

www.ascotstudfarm.com

Zahrah
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Zahrah » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Well isn't she a pretty girl!!!

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 am

Congrats!!

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:25 am

Congrats! What a cutie :)
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Congratulations on a lovely filly :).
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm

www.ascotstudfarm.com

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm

She looks very regal in the second picture.

You must be very pleased with your foals this year!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

he's gorgeous!

Postby Affirmed1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:41 am

I love this female family. Two of Cuanto Es' sisters have produced (multiple) graded stakes winners, both by Smart Strike, so this is indeed a very active and live female family. Cuanto has several sisters who are just entering their broodmare careers, so this foal's page should continue to improve. Have you considered mating Cuanto to a Smart Strike-line stallion? I'll bet with the proven success of this female family, you could get a great deal to English Channel, or perhaps another Smart Strike son. The family also seems to do their best running on turf, which is why I mention E.C. Best of wishes with your boy! Please keep us updated. 8)

Zahrah
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Zahrah » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 pm

It is a great female family. I own the two year old half-sister to Honey Ryder.

Another branch of the family has the good runners Miss Netta (on her way back to the track after a respiratory infection), Leroy's Dynameaux, etc.

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

for Zahrah

Postby Affirmed1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 am

[quote="Zahrah"]It is a great female family. I own the two year old half-sister to Honey Ryder.

Another branch of the family has the good runners Miss Netta (on her way back to the track after a respiratory infection), Leroy's Dynameaux, etc.[/quote]

Your girl's page is really going to be beautiful by the time she is ready to be a broodie. I noticed that Quiero Ganar, Honey Ryder's full sister, has a foal by More Than Ready, and was bred back to him. Honey Ryder herself has a Tiznow colt on the ground that I have high hopes for, and a Medaglia d'Oro filly (doesn't get any better than that), and was bred to Awesome Again for next year. Hit it Rich, the multiple graded winning Smart Strike mare who is out of Cuando Puede, will probably be retired this year to be a broodie, and she should produce well. Your girl also has two half sisters by Bernardini, one of whom was just bred to Street Cry. So, the family is being bred to a variety of very high quality bloodlines, and there is every reason to believe the family will just keep getting better. I will follow your girl's career with great interest. I really wish you well with her and I hope you will keep the board posted on how she is coming along. :)

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:31 pm

The page keeps growing thanks to Cuanto Es's 2010 Counting Days who ran 3rd in the El Camino Real Derby G3. Too bad her 2009 Spanish Kid's Rostov Derby RUS-G1 and Rostov Oaks RUS-G1 wins don't show up on the page. Will be fun watching the family continue on

www.ascotstudfarm.com