Racing/Broodmare prospect by You and I

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Forgot to mention one thing

Postby Denise » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:26 am

The filly's dam, Joy Valentine, very tragically was struck by lightning last year and died while in foal to Black Minnaloushe. So the female family has to carry on for her.

monicabee
Allowance Winner

Postby monicabee » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:09 am

Denise,

My canine barometer refused to come out of his bed this morning, so I suspect its going to rain quite a bit, unfortunately.

Our (its a partnership) horse's name is Willfulness, a NY bred who is showing promise but has been compromised a bit by a case of white line disease this summer, so he has a plastic (Equilox) part of his foot and glue-on shoes. However, he did break his maiden on yielding turf, so if the rain isn't too excessive it could actually help us. I have decided that what you need is a turf horse AND a mudder, so you can take advantage of the conditions whatever they are.

I like Devil his Due quite a bit. The offspring of his I have seen all seem to have some presence, and mostly had his black coat. I remember how Roses in May just drew my eye in the paddock at Saratoga. I hope she'll be a nice filly and a classy addition to One and Only You's page.

Too bad about the rain.... I would have popped over to see her run!

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:17 am

[quote="monicabee"]I have decided that what you need is a turf horse AND a mudder, so you can take advantage of the conditions whatever they are.
quote]

Monica this cracked me up....

We have a horse Sharp Critic who has earned (according to program, APR is slightly different) 164k in 48 starts.

Turf = 123k
Off track = 37k (including his win 2 starts ago, he just ran this Sunday on a dry dirt track, albeit miserably lol)

That leaves... 4k on a dry track LOL. If my calculations are correct, he has earned less than 2.5% of his total earnings on a dry track.. or is that 0.25%? Oh well, at least as you mention he can run on a wet track for when it comes off the turf!!! Doesnt do us much good thru the fall tho (even with the recent rain from all the hurricanes we have still been racing on pretty dry tracks)... wintertime it gets sloppy here so there is hope for him yet lol.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

I saw Willfulness run

Postby Denise » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:18 am

I love your horse's pedigree, Monicabee, and remember seeing him run. (We have a couple NY breds we shuttle to Belmont, the Spa and Aqueduct.)
Williamstown is turning out to be a really nice turf sire, and your having Affirmed as the broodie sire is a beautiful turf bonus!
I bet you'll get a nice "ease" in the ground Wednesday. Philly got washed off at 9AM today. I'll check the computer to see how Willie did, being as NYRA's still a black hole at the simulcast parlors here. :D