KAL and JIM--How did your sale go?

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:01 am

KAL, let's definitely get together when you come back this time! Last time we were rushing to find a TV, the friend we were with had a horse running in Maryland. We thought we'd be able to see the race in the pavillion but ended up having to run up to the grandstand. At F-T, I know I'l have more free time.

As to the filly, we were delighted to be able to get her. I wasn't really supposed to be shopping but every year you see some good ones fall through the cracks. I decided that if that if that happened this year, I would be there to catch them. :) I looked at about 100 fillies altogether, all with great pages. Then I just sat in the pavillion and watched my "short list" (which was actually pretty long) sell, waiting for something to fall into a convenient price range. I was the underbidder on two fillies earlier in the week, then managed to snag this one.

If you live here, and you love the sales, and you don't mind devoting two weeks and ten hours a day to the project, it's easy, LOL. I'll email you a picture. She's big and handsome and looks like she's going to take after her dam's sire, Pleasant Colony.

Pete, thanks for the congratulations!

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:14 am

Oh...the Forestry filly. Unfortunately I think Keeneland is a little too soon, but we're hoping she might be ready for the Churchill meet. She's worked some nice times and her trainer really likes her a lot, so we're just having a blast watching this whole thing develop.