In foal mare free to good home

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

bcassidy
Restricted Stakes Winner

In foal mare free to good home

Postby bcassidy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:30 pm

FREE TO GOOD HOME--I have a mare GOLD CANADIAN, in foal to HONOR DEFEND. She is expecting a foal next april ?( I have to check the exact cover date with the stallion manager). The mare has one Pa. bred 3 yr old in training at Philadelphia Park, her name is Canadier SP?. and I own a 2 yr old NY bred filly, I haven't named her yet, I plan to race her as a 3 yr old. I am interested in finding the in foal mare a good home-- preferably to someone who wants to race the foal. HONOR DEFEND is a reg. NJ stallion and as such the foal will qualify for NJ bred restricted races as well as any state where you drop the foal, if you meet the domicile rules for that foal, therefore you can have a foal which is eligible for two state bred programs simultaneously. If you are interested you can see the mare at my farm in NJ. The mare is very healthy and is a very easy keeper, no bad habits or social problems.
best regards Brendan

marg
Maiden Special Weight

Postby marg » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:57 am

Am interested-------We are interested in racing also------located in Canada but have recently made connections with a New York trainer and are thinking about doing some racing down there.Send me a E-mail if mare is still available.Thanks Marg

secretlink
2yo Maiden

Postby secretlink » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:49 pm

I am intrested. I have owned many retired racehorses, but have never had one that was activly racing. I may be interested in persuing that. Let me know if still avail. also I would love to see pictures if you have them.
Zoe Williams

lee
Weanling

free broodmare

Postby lee » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:33 pm

Hope you found a home for your broodmare Brenden, but I find it best not to offer anything free as there are too many people out there willing to resell the horse even for $100 to a meat buyer. Seller beware. Wish you best of luck with her though. Do you still have Honor Defend and if so where is he standing 2005?
Thanks much, Lee

mini's mom
Allowance Winner

mare in foal

Postby mini's mom » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:35 am

am also interested and sent you a private e mail but no response
mini's mom

BJ
Horse of the Year

Postby BJ » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:00 pm

Brendan...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don't just give away the mare without a written agreement that contains first right of return if that person can no longer keep the mare . Otherwise, please have someone like Marli and Exceller Fund find the mare a good home.

There are lots of good people out there, and they won't mind jumping through a few hoops if they are sincere of heart.

Best of luck to you and the mare,
BJ

htfcom
Suckling

bcassidy...infoal mare

Postby htfcom » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:29 am

bcassidy...Do U still have a infoal mare by your stud.
Please email back if U can. I have mare that would fit your
guy too. Im in South Jersey/....Thanks Steve
Do the best by the horse and hope for the best.