Horse Wanted

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

secretlink
2yo Maiden

Horse Wanted

Postby secretlink » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:36 am

Do you have a horse that is ready to retire? This summer I lost my first off the track guy to a horrible bought of colic, and I miss him terribly. I bought him when I was 14 and had him for 12 years... too short. We tried to operate on him but the facilities that were available to us said they could not accommodate his size (17hh), so we had to put him down. He Was that once in a lifetime horse... only I know there are lots more out there like him waiting for a great home. I have taken other Thoroughbreds off the track and retrained and sold them. I currently have a nice mare that I bred to a warmblood who is due in July. She is a little small for me and has a slight ankle from her track career. I now own a tack shop that I run out of our renovated 100x300 Gambrel barn in Charlotte, VT. I can go directly from my shop to the barn, luxury here in chilly VT! All the horses have heated water buckets. Our horse-barn is insulated but not heated. We have all new fencing. Pictures are available upon request. I do not own a trailer but could probably work something out... I am looking for a horse (stallion, mare or gelding) that is Big, nicely put together, good temperament and has a kind eye, and is fit to start a new career. No seriously broken down horses. I like to jump, do dressage, compete and have fun. I am willing to work something out for the right horse. I have two stalls in my barn available, so possible use as a lay-up area for another horse... Pictures can be emailed to [email protected] or I can be reached at 1-802-425-5867, or you can respond to this post. :D
Zoe Williams

NYBreeder
Maiden Special Weight

Postby NYBreeder » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:46 am

Check out the horses at New York Horse Rescue. They have a high turn over and they are very honest about the horse's condition and training level. www.nyhr.org Good Luck in finding the next "ONE".
If you can not laugh at yourself, you will not be able to take it when I laugh at you! ;)

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:42 pm

Hi Zoe,
I just sent you a email.

Crystal

Marli
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Marli » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:00 pm

Sorry to hear the loss of your big fella! There are many nice horses listed in need of new non-race homes in NY. All colors and sizes/price ranges available! It'd be wonderful to see another horse get into a new home for the Holidays!!

Link-

http://exforg.proboards32.com

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:00 pm

I have a horse who just retired from racing that we want to sell cheaply to assure him a good home. Email me at [email protected].

Jessi

Marli
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Marli » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:36 pm

Here's Jessi's cutie! He'd make a nice mount for some one!! ;)

http://exforg.proboards32.com/index.cgi ... 1103145673

secretlink
2yo Maiden

Postby secretlink » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:06 pm

Thank you to everyone that took the time to look at my request. A big thank you to Crystal! I am so excited to be getting Dancaway. I am also excited to be trying a different side of the thoroughbred experience. As I mentioned I have had a few ottb's and this time I am going to try breeding a thoroughbred to get a racehorse! I am going to breed Dancaway to City hall Slew and participate in the nybred program :D
Zoe Williams

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:16 pm

A big thank you to you Zoe! I'm so glad Dancer is getting the best home in VT!

Merry Christmas & Happy Horsey New Year,
Crystal