Weanling by Silic (Fr) wanted...

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Megan
Suckling

Weanling by Silic (Fr) wanted...

Postby Megan » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:52 am

Hi everyone! :) I am currently in the market for a weanling by Silic (Fr). Does anyone know of one that is for sale? Thanks! :D
Fox River Thoroughbreds

~Horses are proof that God wanted us to be happy~

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:06 am

Megan

Silic only has 6 foals in his 2004 crop. It may be hard to find one for sale. Good luck and I will keep my eyes open for you.

Gerry

Megan
Suckling

Postby Megan » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:23 am

Really? :o Only 6? I didn't know that. Gees, I guess maybe I should be looking for a yearling instead! But thanks for the info.
Fox River Thoroughbreds

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:26 am

28 yearlings...should be able to find one of those

KAL
Starters Handicap

Postby KAL » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:39 am

Actually, according to stats from Jockey Club... and published in the latest edition of the Blood Horse.

Silic had 30 live foals reported in 2004... and typically this number is low because of late reports. I don't know how many are yet registered, but many breeders don't get in any hurry to register, chosing the procrastination route instead (also, some wait to make sure nothing tragic happens to foal... registration funds are not refundable).

He was bred to 55 mares with only 46 reporting by the reports cut-off. My guess is that there will probably be about 33 or so registered in this foal crop.

Good luck in finding a good one!

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:43 am

Thanks KAL... My information is from Brisnet last reported August 31st...so many must be late in reporting this year.

KAL
Starters Handicap

Postby KAL » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:17 am

Not a problem, Gerry.

Not sure where Brisnet got their number... but because of reporting structure, several foal crop/ breeding reports run during the year for current year are often somewhat "off", and it doesn't matter who is providing the report. In fact, I'm not sure our live foal reports were submitted until mid-August, and we still have several unregistered and non-Breeders Cup nominated foals... my procrastination... guess I'll have to get it done in the next couple weeks.

Actually, I am more interested in why Megan is so particular in wanting a Silic.

Megan?

Megan
Suckling

Postby Megan » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:48 am

Kal-

I work at a foaling farm that has raised some of the nicest Silic foals I have ever been around. They are well put together, smart, and have such wonderful personalities. I've been around many foals in the past, but none have compared to those of Silic's.

And thanks for clearing up the info that he has more than 6 foals...I was getting a little worried! :D

~Megan
Fox River Thoroughbreds