Broad Brush Stallion - Broad And Locust

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

coach
Suckling

Broad Brush Stallion - Broad And Locust

Postby coach » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone.
Yesterday I brought home a Broad Brush stallion that is out of a multiple graded stakes winner (Mz Zill Bear $740,000). I plan on breeding some of my mares to him and just wanted to let everyone know he is available if anyone is interested in him. If you are interested e-mail or pm me for more information. His name is Broad and Locust. He is an allowance winner and he placed 4th in a $100,000 stakes race -(beaten by 1.5 lengths). He broke a sesmoid and was retired. I don't have all the info on him yet but I hope to get it soon. He is located in Texas.
Thanks, Coach

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:18 pm

Coach, interesting placement of Hoist The Flag in the top and bottom of his pedigree. Just curious what the bloodlines are of the mares that you'll be crossing him with?
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

coach
Suckling

Postby coach » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:05 pm

ZiaLand,
I have been looking at the produce record for Broad Brush and I have noticed that he crossed well with several BM sires: Valid Appeal, Northern Dancer, Raise A Native, Mr P., Deputy Minister,etc.... I have a few mares that have some of these lines as sires such as Defrere - Deputy Minister, The Vid - Valid Appeal, Conquistador Cielo - Mr.P, Bankers Gold - Mr.P, Go And Go - Northern Dancer. There are many others that I am sure would cross well with Broad Brush but these are the ones that I own and plan to breed to Broad And Locust. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I would love to get this stallion a decent book of mares this year so if anyone would like to give him a chance with one of yours please let me know. If anyone has broodmares they would like to offer for a free lease I would be very interested. Thanks for the reply,Coach

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:25 pm

was he a sprinter or route horse?

coach
Suckling

Postby coach » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:41 pm

ageecee,
Broad And Locust was a sprinter. He ran 5 1/2 to 7f most of the time. He is built like a sprinter (very muscular). Do you have a mare you are interested in sending to him? Let me know if you do.
Thanks, Coach

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:44 pm

Have an End Sweep mare but shes booked to Abajo this year.