Should i breed or should i sell ???

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

andyg1
Newborn

Should i breed or should i sell ???

Postby andyg1 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:23 am

Hello everybody , this is my first visit to the board thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have just recently bought a horse running in England called MARIA BONITA , she is a 3 year old filly and in my opinion highly likely to win a race or 2. ( prize money is not fantastic :cry: )

She is out of the mare NIGHTITUDE and is her only daughter. The mare has produced 4 colts , 2 of which were poor.

MOUNT JOY is her son out of MTOTO and he raced once for Barry Hills at 2 before being sold to GODOLPHIN (rated 103 and thought good enough to run in a GROUP 1) the horse clearly had physical problems and has since regressed.

GOLDEN CAVERN is her son out of LION CAVERN , he won at 2 and won LISTED rcaes in ITALY at 3.

What i would like to know as a gambling man but an ill educated person on breeding :

Is MARIA BONITA likely to or even is it possible/probable that she might pass on to her progency some of the ability that her mother clearly managed to 2 of her sons ?
She is the only daughter of NIGHTITUDE and is she a speculative punt , a waste of time, a risky proposition or has an outside chance of making it as a reasonable/useful mare ???

As you can see form my post i am clueless in this area but keen to learn !

The dilema i have is that although unraced for me as yet , i may have an offer on the table for MARIA BONITA at a small profit. Ordinarily my pleasure would come from placing her to win , but certain circumstances have made me curious.

All replies greatly received and welcomed.

Good Luck

Andy

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:25 pm

Hi Andy,

Can you provide more info on your filly's pedigree (i.e. sire, dam produce records for last 4 generations, etc.)? Have you seen her race, yourself?

Regards,
Daisy

Kristie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Kristie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:58 pm

Any time you can make a small profit in this business TAKE IT! :D :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:52 pm

ditto what Kristie said, and I may add, when someone takes out a chequebook, just spell your name for them. You can always take another flyer on another horse later and you will have more money to do it with.