still looking for partners

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Pie™
2yo Maiden

still looking for partners

Postby Pie™ » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:51 am

2 - 3YO fillies: Both professionally broke over the summer of 2004 in the Finger Lakes area, then jogged at home til December. Sent back to the Training farm to be started again - jogging for cardio fitness, will start hand galloping in 2 weeks. Intended stay on the farm Mid-March. The rate at the farm is $33./day, per horse.
Mid -March - pending completion - a % to go to a Leading Trainer at Finger Lakes (in lieu of paying full rate), who will pick these fillies up Mid-March with 100 days under their belts and get them started. Anticipated race date - mid to late July 2005. Rate at Finger Lakes $45/day, per horse + expenses based on the available % left after the trainer takes his %.

3/14/02 Filly by Personal Flag out of the unraced mare Nothingbutrainbows. The pedigree is not that strong on the dam side, but this filly is healthy, sound and always has been. She stands nearly 16h, has been allowed to mature on the farm and is currently doing well under saddle.
Nothingbutrainbows is the dam of 5 foals. Her first took 2nd in his first start at $15k MC, then fractured in a training accident a week later. Came back a year later to breeze after 17 weeks of training - 3f in 36 flat. Too sore to continue, so he was retrained and sold as a dressage prospect. 2nd foal sent to NC as a 3YO in in 2003, got WNV and never raced. The 3rd filly raced as a 3YO in NY in 2004, not doing as well as expected, but earning $ in all but 2 of her 8 starts. Had gate trouble, and is owned by one of the leading trainers at Finger Lakes who will race her as a 4YO. 4th foal is a 2YO in training in Arkansas. 5th Foal sold as a weanling (yearling this year) to a NY Owner.

2/22/02 Filly By Spectacular Bid out of the Allowance Mare Missionality by Missionary Ridge out of Fashionality a mare by Raise a Native. This is the 1st foal out of this mare, the 2nd is a filly owned by an Illinois owner whose intent is to race. This filly is sound, sane, stands nearly 15.3h and doing better maturity wise than the first filly. Carries a little filling in her legs on ocassion, especially while standing in the stall, but has been ultrasounded clean.

I will take $1,000. per 10% share, and then split the expenses based on the % of ownership.
Both are NYBreds, both will race in NY - starting at Finger Lakes and making the determination where to go from there in NY based on their performance. These fillies will race, as the Trainer is interested in up to 50% of both, significantly reducing my out of pocket to an affordable level, but I'd prefer to keep more of the fillies myself, partner with a # of people, and keep the trainers interest lower than 50% to retain control of their training.

If interested, email me. Photos and pedigrees can be found on the horses in training page at http://www.heritageacres.net

If you made it through this entire post - thanks for reading.