SKimming Weanlings and specific pedigree

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

SKimming Weanlings and specific pedigree

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:18 pm

Hi!

I don't know if I posted my original message in the right group. I'm interested in a Skimming weanling colt? I've heard some conflicting info about Skimming as a sire (small and crooked vs. the next Northern Dancer!!)

Has anybody seen his foals? If so, how do they look?

Actually, one of my previous mares was bred to him Jolie's Angel (Briartic-Jolie Fabie by Ben Fab). How does this cross work out?

Thanks,
Daisy

Domino
Suckling

Postby Domino » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:46 pm

Hi Daisy,

I've got a filly by Skimming out of my Smile mare, and i liked her so much that i sent another of my mares back to Skimming. The filly has decent size and was very correct when last i saw her. I haven't seen her in a few months as she is in California and I am in Kentucky, but the reports are still all good. I don't know whether Skimming will be the next Northern Dancer, but he was a hell of a race horse, and he is the spitting image of ND.

As to the cross of Skimming and Jolie's Angel, it is an interesting mating because of the build up of Nearctic that it creates. The resulting foal will be 4x5x3x5 to Nearctic, with 3 male strains and 1 female. Interesting. Good luck with that foal, has the potential to be a good one.

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:42 pm

Hi Domino,

Thanks for the reply. The foal isn't mine - we sold the mare at Keeneland back in 2003. Just curious, thoguh!