Winning Bid

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

griff
Leading Sire

Winning Bid

Postby griff » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:39 am

Stallion For sale: Winning Bid [Gone West X Premium Win] is half to popular stallion valiant nature and multi staks inner Tight Spot who was sent o japan and then China.

NayLee Farm in WV has two new stallions due in from KY and has decided to find a good home for one of it's Gone West sons. . $2,500 or best offer.

Contact Rene Moore at [540] 664- 3927 or email [email protected]

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 am

This horse's half-sister Phylomina produced Premium Red, dam of Premium Tap.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:35 am

He definitely has a good bottom side, and he produces very good looking foals, as u would expect from a Gone west.

I talked to owner that AM and she says he has a good disposition and is sound.

She likes Winning Bid but he has not drawn enough mares the two or three years she has stood him.

griff

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks for this one! He sounded like a good fit for some owner/breeders I train for and it looks like he is NM bound!

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 am

Yep, NM it is. He'll be replacing an aged Fappiano stallion and this should be a nice fit with Premium Win on the bottom.

Get back to me in about three ot four years and let me know how he works out.

griff

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm

griff wrote:Yep, NM it is. He'll be replacing an aged Fappiano stallion and this should be a nice fit with Premium Win on the bottom.

Get back to me in about three ot four years and let me know how he works out.

griff

Their Fappiano horse is 26 now, but in 2011 he bred and settled over a dozen mares! I planned to every-other-year my mare, but liked my baby this year so much I bred her back. He looks great but who knows how long he will keep on going?

Anyhow, thanks again, I sent them to him from your post here! The farm owes ya one :wink:

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:17 pm

YEP, and they both owe you one.

Also looking for a home for the last son of Seattle Slew named Gunnerside.

Bowed and never raced but I believe his dams' owners paid a $300k stud fee to get him and $300k was a lot of money back then.

I've got 3 fillies and a gelding by Gunnerside and like hem all. Also have two of the full sister's dam back in foal to Gunnerside.

can make a pkg deal for both if anyone's interested as a 2012 Gunnerside foal would be nice to have around so breeders can see what he gets.

griff

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:11 pm

grif--do you know why he was unraced and why so many of his foals are either unraced or not registered? Also the Report of mares bred does not show him covering any mares in 2011. Just curious.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:10 pm

I had a problem getting my 2011 fillies registered because an assistant that was suppose to take care of submitting stallion reports did not domher job..

Mine are finally registered so I believe that problem is fixed.

Did not know there was a problem with unregistered foals.

Did not know there were a lot of unraced foals but that is something I'll look into..

I'm not sure how long Gunnerside has been at NayLee but my oldest Gunneride is a June 2009 gelding and I don't plan to put him in training until he's 36 months old.

Did not race because he bowed. I understand he was "fixed" but bowed again..

I like my four Gunnersides and have one in the oven for May 2012. That mare is a 3S x 4D to Mr P and Gunnerside has no line to Mr P or even to Native Dancer,

I think Mr P is good to have but enough is enough and he's a great out-cross to line bred mr P or line bred Native dancer and I'm sorry o see him go. .

Good looking stallion, easy to handle and I certainly like what he gets.

griff